12 Reasons Thanksgiving Is The #1 Holiday, And Yes, It's Better Than Xmas

Thanksgiving is the best holiday, try to change my mind.

10

Thanksgiving is truly an incredible holiday. When companies begin promoting Christmas in October to earn extra money or when people put up their Christmas trees November 1st, it really begins to rub me the wrong way. I believe that Thanksgiving is the best holiday of the year and here are 12 obvious reasons why.

1. You can eat as much food and no one will judge you, because it's Thanksgiving. 

2. The ​​best​​ foods come out at Thanksgiving! It's when your family makes their best dishes for everyone to enjoy. 

3. Pumpkin pie.

There's really no more explanation needed.

4. Leftovers -you get free (incredibly tasting) food for the next several days. 

5. The post-Thanksgiving lunch nap. There is no other nap as good as this one. 

6. You don't have to buy any gifts, just show up with your covered dish and stuff your face.

Seriously, what's better than this?

7. You don't have to worry about liking the gift that your tacky aunt got you. 

There's truly nothing worse than having to worry about your reaction to someone's gift.

8. Perfect weather outside!

Not too hot, not too cold. Just cold enough to wear a cute sweater and just warm enough to leave the wool socks and coat at home.

9. The chance to visit your family.

You know you've missed them and there's no better way to catch up than over a meal.

10. ... and it also gives you the opportunity to leave sooner. 

We all love our family, but two weeks at home is sometimes just too much. Thanksgiving gives you the perfect long weekend to go home, visit with your family, relax, and get you back home in a timely manner.

11. It gives you the opportunity to reflect on everything good that has happened in your life the past year. 

12. It's a day dedicated to nothing but being thankful for everything and everyone in your life. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Eat a lot and be thankful for all of the amazing things that happened in your life this year.