12 Things To Put In A College Kid's Easter Basket

A tisket, a tasket, what's in your easter basket?

850

Easter baskets have become a tradition that many participate in on the Easter morning. While Easter baskets aren't the reason for celebrating Easter, they can be a nice way to put together a care package for us college students, who are finishing up the semester. Below I've put together some ideas of things to put in a college student's Easter basket.

1. A chocolate bunny

This is a classic and a must. The chocolate bunny is something that should always be included.

2. Quarters

Doing laundry in college is a serious pain when you have to pay for it using quarters. Not having to go get change is really helpful, especially when you're busy.

3. A card

There's something so meaningful about a card that someone hand picked for you. Add a little inspirational note and it's almost a guarantee that it will get read multiple times and will definitely be appreciated.

4. Socks

You can't go wrong with a pair of socks. Whether they're fuzzy, aloe-infused, or just a fun pattern every student loves a new pair.

5. Snacks

Late night studying is a given and so are snacks. Jellybeans are great for this time of year. If you know your student's favorite snack throw that in the basket and you're guaranteed a big smile.

6. Gum

Everyone's got a favorite flavor that helps them focus. With finals looming ahead of us, all students need a little extra focus.

7. DVD

Has a movie recently come out on DVD that you know your college kid loves? *cough* MOANA *cough* Put that in the basket and you've just given your student an excuse to take a break and relax.

8. Book

If your college kid reads for pleasure, this is another opportunity to expand their library. It's also another way to show that you haven't forgotten about some of the non-school related things that they enjoy.

9. Gift cards

Any grocery store, any coffee shop, a favorite restaurant. Gift cards are essential to any college student. They are great for when you're running low on cash and need groceries, you need some coffee as a pick me up, or just a dinner that isn't caf food.

10. Clothes or shoes

That swimsuit/outfit your college kid has been not so subtly sending you pictures of, now is the time to surprise them with something sweet. A new wardrobe item is a sure way to brighten a day.

11. Pens/pencils

Speaking as someone who constantly loses all of her pens and pencils, a new pack of my favorite kind are sadly exciting, but so useful!

12. Cold hard cash

You can't go wrong with a little cash. For the coffee shops that only take cash, or when you go out to dinner and split the check. Having some cash on you in sparse in college, but a treasured blessing when we do.