The 12 Phases Of Discovering A New Band

The 12 Phases Of Discovering A New Band

We've all been there.

42
The 12 Phases Of Discovering A New Band

Music is one of the most important forms of art and expression in the world. There are many genres of music. From the raging screams of a metal band to the sweet hymns of a symphony, there is something out there for everyone to listen to. Whenever we discover a new band, group, or individual we all have the same initial stages reacting to finding this new group and they are as follows.

1. You can't fathom how you have lived without hearing about them.

After one day of listening to them, you feel as if you have been wasting your life listening to anything else.

2. You become their biggest fan without knowing their history.

Who cares about their history? Their music is great and that's all that matters.

3. You buy their latest album.

Not only their latest album, but you must have all of their merch as well.

4. You excitedly tell everyone you know about them.

You can't physically talk about anything else until everyone knows how good this band is.

5. When someone says they are just all right.

That person, whether they were a friend or not, is now dead to you.

6. You are disappointed when you look up their concert schedule and they just had a concert near you.

The pain is unreal.

7. You start looking up the band's history.

This makes you love them even more.

8. You feel an odd sense of accomplishment when you show them to a friend and they like them too.

You are such a good friend for getting your friend out of the dark.

9. You argue with older fans that their newer stuff is better.

Just because you recently did research doesn't make you a better fan.

10. You listen to their older stuff, and realize it is actually better.

Those older fans were right and you praise them for their wisdom.

11. After listening to them for about a week, you start to burn out.

As quickly as the passion started, it dies.

12. You find another new band and completely forget about how great that other band is.

"Oh, you have probably never heard of them before."