12 Of The Best Shows On Netflix (From Experience)

Don't know what else to watch on Netflix?

46

1. "Grey's Anatomy"

Literally, where do I begin? "Grey's Anatomy" shadows the life of a medical school graduate, Meredith Grey, as she starts her surgical internship at Seattle Grace Hospital. The series begins with Meredith waking up from a "one night stand" the morning of her first day at her new internship, which allows the audience to understand her personality. On her first day, she runs into her "one night stand" who just happens to be her boss (an attending neurosurgeon). As many of you may know, this is the birth of "MerDer."

2. "The Vampire Diaries"

Warning: this is not your typical vampire love story. Stefan Salvatore returns home to Mystic Falls, Virginia after many decades to get a fresh, new start. It is here where he meets Elena Gilbert, a teenage girl who identical resembles his former love, Katherine. Elena is consumed with depression after the death of her parents due to a tragic car accident. Stefan and Elena immediately click, as if they were meant to be. The series portrays the lives of Stefan and Elena as they both write daily journal entries, as other supernatural beings taunt Elena for her resemblance to Katherine.

3. "13 Reasons Why"

The series begins with Hannah Baker entering her life at a new school. Since her parents relocated to open a pharmaceutical store, Hannah has had to learn how to adjust to her new life. Being the "new girl" is always tough, but Hannah insisted on making friends. Shortly after making friends, people began to gossip about Hannah after she went on a date with a football player. He supposedly started rumors about how "easy she was." This led Hannah to commit suicide. She gives 13 reasons why she ended her own life...

4. "The Originals"

First, watch "The Vampire Diaries" (or at least a couple of seasons)! This show is a spin-off of "The Vampire Diaries." The Originals stands for the original vampires, that was first created from witchcraft. The show begins in the city of New Orleans where the most ruthless and oldest vampire, Klaus Michealson, returns to the city after being run off nearly 100 years ago. Needless to say, Klaus built the city of New Orleans. But the drama doesn't stop there, his past (from the Vampire Diaries) follows him to New Orleans (as do his siblings).

5. "The Crown"

This film portrays the secret life of Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom. It shows the triumphs and tribulations of not only being a queen but being a queen of the most powerful nation in the world (at the time). Queen Elizabeth's reign begins after the death of her father, and her coronation would be the first coronation to be displayed to the public through television. With public knowledge comes public advertizement. Although the Royal Family was already quite popular, they became internationally popular. From scandals to secret truths, "The Crown" shows all of Queen Elizabeth's troubles.

6. "Reign"

"Reign" puts a modern twist to Queen Mary of Scotland's life. The show begins with Mary traveling to France in order to restore Scotland's political alliance with France. The political alliance would be bond by the marriage of Mary and the King of France's son, Prince Francis. From adultery to scandals, "Reign" shows the life of Queen Mary and all who dare to take her thrown.

7. "Pretty Little Liars"

Five girls and endless secrets. It all begins "that night in the barn." The girls: Alison, Spencer, Hanna, Aria, and Emily, were having a sleepover before school started back. When they awoke, Alison and Spencer were missing, but Spencer had been looking for her. Over the next year, the girls became distant with the disappearance of Alison. After a year of being away, Aria came home for being abroad with her parents. The girls grew closer over one common factor; they were being watched, taunted, and receiving anonymous texts from "A." This person uses their secrets to find out what happened "that night."

8. "Glee"

From being "slushied" to performing on stage, this show takes you through the whole high school experience all over again. Where jocks bullied the nerds and ruled the school. But "Glee" changes that. With one football player, Finn Hudson, following his dream to sing, by joining the Glee Club, many begin to follow. Rachel Berry is the star performer with the most talent and the most attitude. She falls for the football player that joins the Glee club, of course. Finn and Rachel become the dynamic duo and the stars of the club, with a major twist.

9. "Baby Daddy"

After being single for nine months Ben Wheeler is just finding himself when he comes home to a baby on his doorstep. The show portrays the life of being a single father with the help of his older brother, Danny; his best friend, Tucker; and his mom, Bonnie. Honestly, who doesn't love Melissa Peterman? From diaper changing to finding time alone, Ben goes through it all.

10. "The Secret Life of the American Teenager"

It all starts at band camp when Amy Juergens comes home to find out that she's pregnant. Being pregnant seems to be the least of her worries when she must struggle to hide the truth from her family and friends. On top of that, she has to hide it from the baby's father, Ricky, and her boyfriend, Ben. With secrets comes lies, and then eventually the truth. Amy has to face the fact that she's going to be a teenage mother.

11. "The 100"

After a nuclear war nearly 100 years ago the Earth became inhabitable, so 12 different international space stations went to space in order to survive. After spending many years unlinked, the stations eventually linked as one called the Space Ark. But many of the scientists aboard the station believe that the Earth is habitable again. With high hopes, they send 100 juvenile prisoners to Earth to test their theory in order to save mankind. The Ark was losing the ability to make oxygen and needed the Earth to be survivable. The prisoners would be led by Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake. They thought they were alone on the ground, but...

12. "Shameless"

The Gallagher family isn't the typical American family. The dad, Frank, spends all of his days intoxicated or on drugs. This leaves the oldest sibling, Fiona, to take care of the family which include: Lip, Ian, Debbie, Carl, and Liam. From financial problems to getting the children to school, Fiona learns how to manage the family without parents while maintaining an adequate lifestyle with the help of her neighbors and best friends, Veronica and Kevin.