12 Job Hunting Phases

12 Job Hunting Phases

It is an emotional roller-coaster.

8
12 Job Hunting Phases
The Works

Applying for jobs is never fun. It doesn`t matter if you are 50 years old and have been working almost half your life, or like me, a 22-year-old future recent graduate. I have been applying for jobs for around two months and this is what I have been going through.

1. Let the hunt begin.

Keep a positive attitude. "I am smart, I am personable. I am a good fit."

2. What we are looking for in a candidate: motivated, good communication skills and knowledgeable in social media.

Yes! I can do that.

3. But...with 4 or more years of experience.

Why? Why? Why?

4. And then you find that job without experience needed.

Please slap me, this is too good to be true.

4. First interview: look like an acceptable and responsible human being.

Trying to look professional and confident, when you have no clue what you are doing with your life.

5. Your friends and family before your first interview.

If you want a boost of self-esteem, talk to your mom or best friend before an interview

6. Five minutes before my first interview

My hands are sweating, my face is sweating, parts of my body that I did not know could sweat are sweating.

7. Why should we hire you?

Why should you hire me? No, the real question is why shouldn't you?

8. Second interview

I`m the queeeeeeeeeeeeeen of the world.

9. We will let you know our decision in a couple of weeks.

Those couple of weeks feel like a lifetime.

10. You have to keep applying.

Thank you for your application, but....you suck. Have a nice day.

11. Never going to find a job.

I am going to live in my parent`s basement forever.

12. After months of applying, you finally got one!

Just give me a bottle of wine. I am ready to ADULT!