12 Unique Graduation Cap Quotes To Set You Apart On Your Big Day

"What, like it's hard?"

1449
Jonathan Daniels

It can be hard to stand out at a graduation ceremony when everyone is wearing the same traditional getup, so it all comes down to the cap. Decorating graduation caps has become the new normal, because it allows some personality to be added to the mix.

Picking the right quote for your graduation cap is important, because it's your only chance to represent a bit of yourself on a monumental day in your life. This cap will be in countless pictures and is the only chance you get to add your own flare to your graduation day look - so make sure to choose wisely.

1. “I go to seek a Great Perhaps.”

This phrase was originally said by Francois Rabelais, but it was popularized by author John Green in his book Looking for Alaska. Perfect for graduation, regardless if your destination is graduate school or the workforce.

2. “I’m not throwing away my shot!”

This quote is taken from the song “My Shot” by Lin Manuel Miranda from the musical Hamilton. Bonus points if you’re a film major, barista, or bartender! Grad caps were made for puns, so embrace the lame.

3. “Though she be but little, she is fierce!”

This is from A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare. Super fitting for any theater major, English major, or any small girl in general.

4. “Adventure is out there!”

This quote is from the Disney Pixar movie "Up." The movie included a ton of balloon imagery, which were in all colors and would amazing on any color cap.

5. “Mischief managed.”

This is the code from Harry Potter that is used to erase the Marauder’s Map so that no one can read it. It would look great across an antique looking map, and it is perfect for any mischievous Harry Potter fan. Which let’s face it, is most of them.

6. “Oh, the places you’ll go!”

This is a classic and it comes from a book of the same name by Dr. Seuss. The book is traditionally given to graduates and is especially good as a quote for any education major.

7. “God is within her, she will not fall”

This one is biblical (obviously) and is in Psalm 46:5.

8. “There’s just no telling how far I’ll go.”

All people should aspire to be Moana. This is a line from the song “How Far I’ll Go”, also written by Lin Manuel Miranda. If you’re planning on moving away anytime soon, this would be a great choice for a quote. Pairing it with some traditional Polynesian patterns and colors would make it instantly recognizable as a Moana reference.

9. “We have to dance it out. That’s how we finish.”

Perfect for your pre-med, nursing, and health sciences majors - or any "Grey’s Anatomy" fans.

10. “What, like it’s hard?”

Said by Elle Woods in "Legally Blonde", this is wonderful poetic justice for any law school bound students. Would this phrase be complete without a pink background to go with it? I think not.

11. “Well behaved women seldom make history.”

As far as anyone can tell, this quote was written by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich in an academic paper. She must have behaved rather well, because she wasn’t remembered for writing this. The quote is very fitting for any female history major. Or you know, if you got in a lot of trouble in college but somehow still managed to graduate.

12. “Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again!”

Everyone who’s making a graduation cap is fed up with being in school at this point. This quote is from "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides." Maybe not appropriate if you’re planning to go to graduate school, but it’s hilarious and encapsulates the general feeling of being a college senior.