12 Feel-Good Alternative Pop Songs You Need To Listen To Right Now

If you're looking to indulge into some new music, this is the list for you!
2127

Throughout my life, I was known as the girl with the versatile music taste. I could bump rap, but I could also sing show tunes; There is literally no in between. Even though I listened to almost every genre of music, besides heavy metal, the one genre that has my heart and always will is by far alternative, specifically alternative pop.

There’s something about alternative pop that just resonates with me. The meaning of these songs are totally different from how they sound (e.g. a sad song doesn’t sound sad). I love the difference of this genre because it’s always something new and I love it. Most songs I find in this category are super upbeat and are feel-good songs, so if you’re looking to indulge into some new music, here are 12 songs that’ll make you feel good on the inside and dance on the outside.

1. One Foot - Walk The Moon

“Well, cross my heart and hope to die, taking this one step at a time.”

With Walk The Moon’s new album coming out in about a month, the first single is truly a bop. The elements of pop in this song will surely make you want to get up and dance.

2. Diane Young - Vampire Weekend

“Nobody knows what the future holds, it’s bad enough just getting old.”

“Diane Young” is truly a classic. You probably won’t understand the words, but the vocals, the beat; everything about this song will make you want to shout the lyrics at the roof of your lungs.

3. Good Grief - Bastille

“So, what would you little maniacs like to do first?”

If the introduction of this song won’t get you hooked, I don’t know what will. Bastille did it with “Pompeii” and they did it again with “Good Grief.”

4. Passion - AWOLNATION

“Blow my mind, blow my mind, blow my mind.”

The first single for AWOLNATION’s third studio album is genuinely something that is inspiring. The song discusses how you need passion to live through life, and I think that is a great message for everybody to listen to.

5. Headphones - Walk The Moon

“I wanna open my heart, but you won’t open the door.”

The second single off of Walk The Moon’s newest album is a banger. The elements of rock and pop make this a great single and something different from the “Shut Up And Dance” singers.

6. Young Blood - The Naked And Famous

“Fall back in love eventually, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.”

The Naked And Famous have all of the elements of a feel-good song in “Young Blood.” The beat and vocals give you a happy, upbeat song that you will always dance to whenever you hear it.

7. Talk Too Much - COIN

“Stay cool, it’s just a kiss. Oh, why you gotta be so talkative?”

COIN’s first single from their second studio album is definitely one of those songs that you know is going to be a bop from the get-go. The lyrics are goofy, yet have a cute meaning, and I’m sure you’ll love it!

8. Weak - AJR

“One kiss, bad for me, but I give in so easily.”

AJR, a band of three brothers, has created something very interesting, in their song “Weak.” With elements of 60s boy bands, this song is sure to make you “weak.”

9. All The Pretty Girls - fun.

“I wish all the pretty girls were shaking me down.”

Long before fun. released their hit songs “We Are Young” and “Some Nights,” they released “All The Pretty Girls,” a breakup song that won’t make you sad, in the slightest.

10. Guillotine - Jon Bellion

“I know that you love me, love me, even when I lose my head.”

Jon Bellion released his first single “Guillotine,” an upbeat song about someone loving you, even when you lose your mind and it was a great pick for a single. Jon Bellion and Travis Mendes mix pop with suave in this upbeat track.

11. Lane Boy - Twenty One Pilots

“I’m in constant confrontation what I want and what is poppin’.”

You’ve heard “Ride,” you’ve heard “Stressed Out,” but “Lane Boy” is different. The lyrics, the beat, and the overall vibe you get when you listen to this song is on another level. Twenty One Pilots did it again with “Lane Boy.”

12. Anna Sun - Walk The Moon

“We’re gonna rattle this ghost town, this house is falling apart!”

From an alternative pop favorite, Walk The Moon, “Anna Sun” is a classic. The verses, the chorus, and beat, even the music video, are all so cute and feel good!

If you find anything you like, add them to your playlist and keep searching for some more new alternative pop songs and give them to your friends!