You were probably that kid growing up with your noise stuck in a book. If you weren't or if you were, your noise is stuck in a book now as an adult.
1. Pulling an all-nighter to finish a book.
You just have to know how it ends or maybe you got stuck in the endless 'just one more chapter' phenomenon.
2. Having more books than will fit on your bookshelf.
Honestly, you just need a new bookshelf.
3. Buying more books
Even if you have a bunch of books you haven't read yet.
4. Having a list of books to you want to read.
It just grows and grows and you can't keep up with it but you wouldn't want it any other way.
5. The joy of going to the bookstore.
And spending hours there.
6. Meeting an author you like.
And end up glad you spent so many hours in line and (maybe) drove far to get there.
7. The joy of starting a new book.
And falling in love with it almost immediately. Plus who needs reality.
8. The pain of waiting for the next book in a series to come out.
Especially if the previous book ended on a cliffhanger.
9. A beloved book turning into a movie.
And it's really well done! (Although that is rare... sadly)
10. Discussing a beloved book with someone who also loves it.
Especially if it's not a well known book.
11. Lending out a book to someone.
And having them text you like "OMG THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN!" and freaking out together.
12. The joy of just getting to sit down and read.
Because not much is better.