12 Apologies For High School Me

12 Apologies For High School Me

To my old peers and administrators from a recovering A-hole.

12
12 Apologies For High School Me

High school is a shameful period of time to so many, if not most people. Looking back at my personal high school experience, I have finally registered just how terrible of a person I was to fellow classmates and administrators. This is my moment of confession and repentance that will hopefully allow others to reminisce or re-evaluate their past selves as well. These are probably overdue, like most of my assignments were, but here are some apologies I would like to give to anyone who was involved in these four years of my life:

1. I'm sorry for lying about only having one pencil. Frankly, I didn't trust you to give it back and I refuse to go school supply shopping more than once a year.

2. I'm sorry I hid an extra side of fries in my hoodie pocket a few times. In my defense, the lunch portions were way too small for the price.

3. I'm sorry I asked you for gum every single day. Yes, I could have just bought my own, but after a certain point the sound of the wrapper had me feeling like Pavlov's dogs.

4. I'm sorry for asking to go to the bathroom and instead going for a stroll around the school. It is not my fault that my friends had a different lunch hour and I honestly couldn't have cared less about factoring polynomials.

5. I'm sorry for being a complete grouch with a bad attitude every morning. How could anyone be pleasant at 7:30 AM every day of the week though? Just think of how much time I saved you in life by not ever greeting you!

6. I'm sorry for my inconsistent contributions to group projects. I only had two modes; either sitting back and giving everyone else the reigns because I was too tired from waking up at 6:00 AM or taking over completely because I did not trust any one of those numbskulls with my grade.

7. I'm sorry for lying about having frequent migraines when I really just wanted to nap in the nurse's office. Okay, I'm not actually sorry for that one.

8. I'm sorry for hiding out in the locker room during gym class. The thought of changing clothes for 30 minutes of walking laps around the gym sounded exhausting.

9. I'm sorry for taking items off of one teacher's desk and placing them on another's to hopefully create a faculty war. You have to admit that is pretty funny though.

10. I'm sorry for the countless Twitter fights and pretending nothing had happened the next day in class. I blame the lack of sleep for my temper.

11. I'm sorry for being selfish and voting for myself for Homecoming Queen every year. No, I never made the court, but at least I knew I had one vote.

12. I'm sorry for yelling, "Ha! Freshman!" and making a scene every time someone fell on the stairs or dropped their books. The truth is, I would have done that to anyone in any grade because high school me thought that was the pinnacle of comedy.

Please forgive and bear with me as I am on the road of scumbag recovery.