Going Home For The Holidays

Going Home For The Holidays

What to expect after going home for the holidays.

4
Going Home For The Holidays
Photo by freestocks.org from Pexels

Ah, finally. Finals are done and school is out for the holiday season. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year! There are a few things that people forget about when it comes to going home for the holidays especially coming out of your first semester of college. It will be the best and the worst month of your life and heres a few short reasons why.

First off, it's really hard to relax. After constantly going and doing mass amounts of work and having to make deadlines that you probably procrastinated for the past week and a half, it's really rough to just sit back and relax without thinking of things that you have to do, or at least you think you have to do. Just try and focus on what's going on now and not so much of what you have to do when you go back. Put the laptop away and focus on who you are with in that moment.

Second, you're going to get really, really bored. Without Having your friends a door away you will basically be sitting with your parents and watching Netflix all day. This isn't a bad thing and this is what a break literally means but that gets old very quick when you're doing it for a whole month. Try reading the book you've always wanted to read or even picking up a new hobby to help you unwind!

Lastly, going back to school is probably the worst thing ever. So while you're extremely bored out of your mind and your mom is yelling at you to do the dishes. Just remember that in a short month you'll be back to dining hall meals and doing your own laundry again. Focus your attention of what you're doing now because you have a few more months of that crazy life you life back at college. Enjoy it while it lasts and just think that you can look forward to summer break.