11 #WhatsInRyanReynoldsTrash Tweets That'll Make You Laugh

He naturally would throw the items listed above into the trash...or at least one would hope.

13
Flickr

Ah, Twitter. What are you good for, if not amusing hashtags? A little while back, I saw a very specific, very intriguing hashtag that was trending: #WhatsInRyanReynoldsTrash. Now, I’m not a crazed Ryan Reynolds fan, but homeboy is funny AND attractive, so I do watch his movies now and then. I mean, come on. Any self-respecting rom com fan knows about The Proposal. So how could I not be interested in what people were saying about Ryan R.? Or his trash, rather. Here are 11 #WhatsInRyanReynoldsTrash tweets that gave me a good giggle.

#1

Ouch. This one hurt a little. I know what you’re thinking. She couldn’t possibly have been a fan of The Green Lantern. Well...no, I wouldn’t say it was my all-time favorite movie. BUT it wasn’t the worst film to hit the big screen! (Like the live remake of Avatar: The Last Airbender for instance. Even I couldn’t get behind that one.) Reynolds was pretty vocal about why Green Lantern didn’t work, especially compared to Deadpool. So it’s pretty safe to say that, yes, a second Green Lantern script would find it’s way into Reynolds’ trash.

#2

Speaking of Deadpool, this one’s pretty spot on. It’s hard to pick which scene tops the rest in terms of humor (Happy National Women’s Day!) but this exchange between Reynolds and T.J. Miller definitely makes it on the list.

#3

Continuing on with the Deadpool theme, we have a tweet referencing Reynold’s scene in which he masturbates with a stuffed unicorn. Because what else would he be doing in his down time? Deadpool is oversexed in every way imaginable, so it’s not strange to see this happen in the movie. When he’s done with, ahem, going to town, he naturally would throw the items listed above into the trash...or at least one would hope.

#4

You may just be living under a rock if you don’t know about Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. Named Hollywood’s Cutest Couple at the 2017 Golden Globes, they couldn’t be any more perfect...ly hilarious. Reynolds and Lively have a lot of fun together and often share funny moments with their fans. I remember watching the episode of David Letterman when he admits that he’d “use his wife as a human shield” to protect their baby. This is a couple that knows how to laugh, both at each other and with each other. Mentioning one of Blake’s movie roles with this hashtag doesn’t surprise me.

#5

I had to do some digging into this one. Did Betty White really file a restraining order on Ryan Reynolds? The answer is: no. However, there were some (staged) unpleasant exchanges between the two co-stars of The Proposal. In a funnyordie.com video, White asks Reynolds for a cup of coffee, to which he reminds her that he’s not her assistant. Nobody says no to Betty White, which is made clear to Reynolds by Sandra Bullock. Clearly, it escalated to a restraining order - one that Reynolds threw out. How do I know this? Because this tweet said so.

#6

I don’t know what’s harder to believe: that Ryan Reynolds devoured the life force of male prostitutes or that he worked out for 90 minutes a day 7 days a week for 6 months to become The Green Lantern. I know if I had to have killer abs 24/7 for every movie role I ever took on, I’d choose the former. Seems easier, albeit messier. In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter how Reynolds got his chiseled body? I think not. Let’s just sit back and appreciate him (*his abs).

#7

You are not alone, Becky. I’m sure lots of fans have sent Ryan love letters, and I’m sure they’ve all been thrown out. He does have a wife and kid after all. But hey, don’t be too offended. Your letters are joined by dozens of chimichanga wrappers and maple syrup bottles (probably).

#8

Can we talk about GQ’s video where Ryan Reynolds tries to assemble a baby crib from Ikea? I’d have to say my favorite one liners are “What’s Swedish for f*ck you?” and “Besides a slow descent into alcoholism.” They just really capture the feeling everyone gets when they try to assemble any piece of furniture ever. Still, you can’t help but think that it would have been easier if he just read the instructions. Why didn’t he, you ask? Oh, that’s right. They’re in his trash.

#9

Raise your hand if you love Ryan Reynolds’ tweets about his kid. Mine just skyrocketed into the air (and yes, I am now typing with one hand which is a rather slow and difficult process). In a Buzzfeed article, Ryan’s tweets are featured in a nice listicle. The first tweet is about his daughter’s artwork and how it would go on the fridge, if it weren’t “absolute garbage.” According to Kyle’s tweet, he put it where it belonged.

#10

Ryan Reynolds? Don’t you mean Ryan Gosling? The two have been confused more times than you can count. So it isn’t so far off to believe that Reynolds may have auditioned against Gosling for the lead role in La La Land (this is pure speculation). Can Reynolds dance? I don’t know. Can he sing? Well, you heard him cover “I Swear.” But that wouldn’t stop him from competing against his doppleganger. Keep on fighting to be the top Ryan, Ryan!

#11

To end off this article, I thought I’d leave you with this tweet from the very lovely, very realistic Abby. You’re right, girl, he probably DOES have a trash bag in his trash. But you never know. Ryan Reynolds likes to live life on the edge. And that may mean going sans trash bags.