11 Ways to Take a Moment to Self-Care

11 Ways to Take a Moment to Self-Care

You're worth it!

22
11 Ways to Take a Moment to Self-Care
Public Domain

It's nearing the end of the semester, the days are getting shorter and darker, the stress and chaos that accompanies the commercial holiday season has arrived; we're all juggling multiple balls in the air which are threatening to crash down on our head. And that's not even mentioning all of our individual struggles and stressors and the fact that our country is in a time of political tumult.

It can be hard to stay motivated on our work (that must get done or else), to say nothing of our aspirations or long-term goals. Here's some motivation and cheer encapsulated in memes, GIFs, words, and music that have helped me in the past. Stay strong!

1. Mornings can be rough...

Try some motivational toast today!

2. Bach to the Rescue...

Ever been stressed that there's a million things going on and you can't keep up? The mathematical beauty of a Bach fugue when all the musical pieces fit perfectly together could help you relax (even if you hate math lol).

3. Write notes to yourself to find in the morning.

It's okay to have self-care that's a bit eccentric as long as it makes you feel better.

4. Dance it out!!

Beauty or grace isn't the point. Relieve that stress so you can be a better you!

5. Keep Going!

On a more practical level, divide the future up into a million to-do lists, you'll be in the future achieving great things before you realize it...

6. Need late-night motivation?

"This is my Fight Song, should of started that paper earlier song...."

7. Find supportive people.

Friends, family, professional or otherwise, find someone to give you support when you need it.

8. Find "that" time of day when you're all kinds of fabulous!

Make the most of that time, whether it's 3am or 3pm, when you're most productive and raring to go.

9. Find that piece of clothing that makes you feel all kinds of awesome!

I really hope everyone has that piece of clothing- it can be such a comfort and confidence boost... Pair it with your best time of day- a winning combination!

10. Bravery can mean different things!

11. Take a deep breath (or two)

It's literally so quick and accessible for many people/situations and it helps so much!

Care for yourself because you are worth it!!