10 Unhealthy College Habits

10 Unhealthy College Habits

We'll do anything to get that degree.

8
https://unsplash.com/photos/fIHozNWfcvs

College is a weird time in one's life where they're "adults" but still needs to call their mom to ask simplistic questions. During the four (or five, depending on how everything goes) to get your undergraduate degree, many of us do things that are questionable, but nonetheless habits.

1. Consuming too much caffeine

Whether it be coffee, Monster, or 5-Hour Energy drinks, many college students tend to over consume, especially coffee. To be fair, caffeine not only energizes you but is a stimulant which reduces hunger, making eating one less thing to do during the day.

2. Not sleeping enough

Class, homework, work, laundry, and maintain a social life takes a lot of time. Many of these things we won't sacrifice just for some more sleep, even though we know we need it.

3. Unhealthy eating habits

Unhealthy food is typically much cheaper and convenient for people with busy schedules, such as college students. Many of us either don't eat or end up eating something far from healthy.

4. Not calling your family enough

Not to say I'm like this, because I am always bugging my mom, but many college students don't keep in contact with their family enough.

5. Stressing about the grade rather than the process

It's important to get good grades in college for reasons that are obvious. Although, it's more important to focus on the process of learning this information so that as soon as you hand in your last assignment, your brain doesn't throw away a semester's worth of work, that you'll need to know for your job one day.

6. Drinking too much

Alcohol can give you a fun time but can also make you ill, spend too much money, get behind on your priorities, and make you gain weight.

7. Stressing too much

Is that C you got on a test really going to matter 20 years from now?

8. Using your technology too much

Technology can be helpful in nearly all aspects of life, whether it be for leisure or for productivity. When we use technology more times for leisure than for productivity, that's when problems start to arise.

9. Refraining from participation

Whether it be from irrelevant fear or lack or caring, participation in class not only engages yourself and others but can also help you build important connections with professors.

10. Buying things that aren't needed

I know I don't need a monthly subscription to Spotify, but it's so convenient when I want to listen to music. At least brands such as Spotify now give student discounts.