11 TV Shows That Should Never Make A Comeback

Nickelodeon. Cartoon Network. Disney Channel. This is for you.

284

Now I don't know about you all but I used to love coming home from school during my elementary/middle school years and turning on some great TV shows. Some were fantastic. Some were ok. Some were not that great. But it was an after school tradition that is great to look back on and remember. But there has been a trend lately of bringing old shows back and changing them and, ultimately, ruining them. And, in my opinion, these 11 shows should not have a finger laid on them.

1. "Kim Possible" (2002-2007)

What's the sitch? The sitch is that this show was great no matter who you are. This action-packed Disney Channel show (back when Disney Channel was actually good) followed the adventures of Kim Possible, a high school cheerleader who doubled as a crime fighter. If Disney Channel were to bring this show back (which they shouldn't), they had better do a good job or else they'll have a lot of people in their mid-20s sending angry tweets/emails to Disney.

2. "The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" (2002-2006)

3...2...1... Gotta blast! When I heard this, all my attention was directed towards the TV screen. As a kid, I loved Jimmy Neutron so much. I had merch, t shirts, video games, DVDs, etc. Fun fact: the final episode aired on November 25, 2006: my tenth birthday. This show follows the adventures of Jimmy Neutron: an elementary school genius who constantly got into trouble in his hometown of Retroville and somehow always ended up fixing it. He made being smart seem cool and for that, I was always a fan. Nickelodeon did try to bring it back...kinda. "Planet Sheen" was all about Jimmy's friend Sheen and it left me disappointed. Nick. Just leave it alone.

3. "Drake and Josh" (2004-2007)

If you were a male and you were a fan of this show, you had to be so confused whenever Josh became cooler than Drake, right? Anyways, this Nickelodeon series follows two teenage guys, Drake Parker and Josh Nichols, as they all of a sudden become step-brothers. Miranda Cosgrove, who played Drake's little sister, Megan, starred in her own show "iCarly" after Drake and Josh ended. Drake is making music and Josh is still acting and has his own YouTube channel. I guess you could say they... found a way. So Nick, don't even try to bring this back. The stars are too busy.

4. "CatDog" (1998-2005)

Not really much to explain about this one. These two are conjoined and one half is a cat and one-half is a dog. It's genius. So Nick, don't touch it. Please.

5. "Avatar: The Last Airbender" (2005-2008)

Now, this was a TV show! Nick hit it out of the park with this one as this show is still watched and talked about to this day! This action-adventure follows the life and adventures of airbender Aang who is the Avatar: the individual that can control all four elements. Water, earth, fire, and air. They did bring back the show to follow the next Avatar who was a waterbender named Korra but that show didn't sit too well with me.

6. "Courage the Cowardly Dog" (1999-2002)

Creepy. That's what this show was. And funny. But more creepy than funny. This show follows a pink dog named Courage (who is a coward. HAHAHA) and the elderly couple he lives with as they have supernatural adventures before "Supernatural" was cool. Cartoon Network does not need to touch this gem.

7. Any "Suite Life" show (2005-2011)

The two shows I'm talking about here are "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and "The Suite Life on Deck." I watched both and I loved both. Admittedly, the original was better. But both were phenomenal. This series follows twins Zack and Cody (played by Dylan and Cole Sprouse) as they go through various misadventures in a hotel in the first show and then on a cruise ship in the second show. Dylan has stopped acting and Cole is a star in the hit series "Riverdale." The girl who played Bailey (Debby Ryan) went on to star in her own show called "Jessie." Disney Channel doesn't need to touch this one for the third time.

8. "Ed, Edd n Eddy" (1999-2008)

Just... what even was this show? It was just so stupid. But it was so great. There were no adults so it was like a stupid Charlie Brown. Cartoon Network shouldn't really want to bring this back anyway.

9. "Danny Phantom" (2004-2007)

Coolest. Ghost. Ever. Casper, eat your heart out. This Nickelodeon series follows 14-year-old Danny Fenton after a freak accident gives him ghost powers (walking through walls, disappearing, flying, etc). He uses these ghost powers for good fending off other ghosts and capturing them in the process. Nick should realize this as a gem and leave it alone.

10. "Little Bill" (1999-2004)

Well, this one is an unfortunate entry. But yeah, this one shouldn't be brought back for obvious reasons.

11. "Phil of the Future" (2004-2006)

This was a great show and, ultimately, I felt like it was short-lived. This Disney Channel show follows a futuristic family that gets stuck in the 21st century after their time machine breaks down. A simple premise but it worked. Disney shouldn't bring it back because I feel like they would ruin the original completely based on the content Disney Channel is putting out these days. So, unfortunately, Phil will have to stay stuck in the mid-2000s.

Would I love to watch these shows again if they could make the shows better? Yes! Absolutely! But looking at popular trends has me skeptical about what a renewal of any of these shows would look like in this day and age.