11 Thoughts You Have While Getting Your Nails Did

11 Thoughts You Have While Getting Your Getting Your Nails Did

It's totally worth $30 to get fake nails glued on to your actual, brittle nail every two weeks...right?

306

Call me high maintenance, call me basic, I do not care. I live for getting my nails done...even when the process is a tad bit scary. For some reason, the entire process of getting my nails done at the salon is so cathartic and 100% an addiction. And although I am completely obsessed with different nail shapes and colors, I do mentally question myself a lot during the process.

Here are 11 thoughts I have, and every other girl have, while treating themselves to getting their nails done:

Am I going to really wait 45 minutes to get acrylics?

I could be doing something productive, and not sitting her wasting money on something as worthless as nails. Theres like 3 people in line before me, is this even worth it?

Am I gonna sit here and wait patiently? Absolutely.

Wait...Why is she going before me when I got here first?

I'll be sitting there, waiting patiently to spend my money, and someone will walk right in, and get seated almost immediately.

The laws of physics for this is completely unknown.

Alright, I need to decide on a color before I get called to my seat

I've been wearing the same shade of pink polish for the past two months...maybe I should change it up this week! You know, be a little more bold! I mean, whats the worst that can happen? I might actually like it better than my usual "Color Me Pink" rosy shade!

Wait it's already my turn??...I'll just choose my usual color

Well, so much for going bold. Let's blame it on me panicking after being rushed to my seat after 45 minutes. Guess "Color Me Pink" is here to stay for another two weeks!

Square or round...

I ALWAYS get square nails...and I know it accents my fingers, but maybe round would look more natural.

What am I saying, why am I getting fake nails if I was trying to go more natural?

Do they know I can't understand them? Are they talking smack?

I am 150% tempted to record their whole conversation, and translate it. Is there even a way to do that? Technology is so advanced, there has to be.

They're probably talking about their life...right? But why do they keep looking at me and then talking back and forth? God, maybe they hate doing my nails and think I'm annoying for coming in so often.

Guess the world may never know.

Do they know that when they are too rough it f*cking hurts???

They have to know that drilling and buffing too close to the edge of my nail hurts beyond words imaginable. Maybe that's what they're talking about to each other: ways to torture me cuticles.

I am so happy I stayed with my usual color

I can't imagine having another color. Although, yellow would look cute....

One of my nails is uneven...should I say something?

Okay, my ring fingernail is looking funky...but I'm not going to say anything. Why? I'm obviously a literal child and I'm too cowardly to say anything. I'll get it fixed the next time....maybe.

Finally, lets dry these suckers

It's almost over! My butt is starting to cramp, I'm getting antsy, and all that's left is 10 more minutes of drying my pretty new nails!

Wait...how much am I paying?! 

Out of all the things I could be paying for, I am really paying for my nails. Is it worth it? Yes. Am I going to add that $10 tip? Absolutely.

Getting these acrylics on is a serious commitment, but being kept well maintained and groomed is the GOAT.

See you in two weeks, nail salon!