11 Things To Do Before You're 20

11 Things To Do Before You're 20

Get off the game systems and phones. Stop “Netflix and chill”-ing and go outside.

98
Crains New York

Growing up can either be really dull and boring or it can be full of amazing and unforgettable adventures. Our generation is called “Generation Y” as in why are we always stuck on our electronics and not going out and being real teenagers?? Get off the game systems and phones. Stop “Netflix and chill”-ing and go outside. Trust me Netflix will still be there when you get back from doing…

11 Things Before You’re 20:

1. Visit the Big Apple

Pack a lunch, bring a blanket and some friends and visit Central Park. You can eat while you people watch (come on we all have done it). You can have a blast by simply walking around the city and taking pictures with the naked cowboy and his friends!

2. Go to a Musical/Staged Performance

I know when most of us hear the word “musical” or “play” you imagine some type of boring performance that no “cool” people attend. Wrong!! It not only is a great source of culture but it honestly is a blast to attend and the performances are amazing!

3. Learn Basic Auto-Mechanics

Attention ladies!!! You do not want to always rely on a man to simply change a tire. Attention gentlemen!!! You do not want to keep going to a mechanic every time you need more oil or transmission fluid. Learn yourself!!

4. Interview a War Veteran

They are filled with wisdom and experience with no one to share it with and they are a huge part of our history. Take the time out and have a thoughtful conversation with one!

5. Vote

Our country fought for our right to vote…TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. You should definitely have a say in who will represent our country. One vote does make a difference!

6. Get to Know Someone Outside of Your Comfort Zone

You’d be very surprised to see how much you have in common with someone who is different from you!

7. Learn a Language

This is proven to be extremely useful and how cool would it be to know another language and just English??

8. Get Your Passport

When you get your passport you open up the doors to many other places away from the United States!

9. Learn Your Family History

It’s so important to know your roots and you should know where you come from and how you became who you are today.

10. Sleep Under the Stars

It’s proven to relax your body and mind, lower stress levels and boost levels of creativity!

11. Learn to Cook

Your parents would love the fact you can cook for yourself, but when you move out on your own it’s a lot more cost effective and way more fun to do it yourself!