11 Things Independent Girls Need Their Man to Know

I want you but I will never NEED you.

9

Independent girls are just that, independent. We are the type that want to be ourselves, and that is not going to change if a new fella comes into the mix. And with Valentine's Day right around the corner, there are a few things independent girls want their man to know.

1. PDA

There is no better way to make me uncomfortable than trying to kiss or caudal me in public. An occasional kiss on the cheek is fine and in the right circumstances handholding is okay, but don’t over do it if you don’t want a public displayed temper tantrum.

2. Friends

Sometimes I just need to look like a troll, stuff my face and binge watch Netflix with my girlfriends. Don’t get offended if I don’t invite you.

3. Texting

Don’t get me wrong, I love a here and there “thinking about you” text but we do not need to text all day, everyday. What do couples talk about when they see each other in person if they have texted all day?

4. Begging

I am not a dog and will not beg for you. I do not mean that I won't show you I care because I will but if you try to leave, I am not going to make you stay.

5. Telling Me What to Do

Do not under any circumstances try to boss me around. I know what I like to wear, listen to, watch on TV, and eat. I don’t need/want you to choose for me.

6. Cuddling

Yes, I like cuddling, in private of course, but we have to set some guidelines. If I can feel you breathing down my neck, most likely I am going to get claustrophobic and ban cuddling for awhile. Oh, and I really value my sleep, don’t wake me up trying to spoon me or any other kitchen utensil.

7. Bro time

Go ahead and go out with the boys. You do not have to invite me every time.

8. Let Me Pay

I do not need you to pay for me every time. Let me pay for our dates occasionally. You don't have to (please don't) spoil me.

9. Me Time

“Me time” is essential in dating me. I value my time alone. It is my time to gather my thoughts, relax, and get my stuff done.

10. The Future

I will never be a housewife. I want to have children and be married, but I also plan on working and being able to provide for myself. Do not expect me to be dressed in an apron with dinner ready when you get home every night.

11. Above All

Above all, I WANT you, you make my soul happy and my days brighter but understand this: I will never NEED you to survive.