11 Things I Cannot Live Without At USC

11 Things I Cannot Live Without At USC

Without them, my life would be incomplete

49
11 Things I Cannot Live Without At USC
Amy Tseng

While in college, I had the pleasure of moving to a new apartment after every school year. Fun right? With every move, I got rid of a good amount of garbage I stashed up over the years. However, the following things are items I will NEVER EVER throw away because they are the essence of how and why I will always love living as a USC college student.

1. Free weights

When you start moving farther and farther away from campus after every year, you have less incentive to hit Lyon Center on campus. That's why having your own weights at home is a blessing. Depending on your time commitments, you can schedule your workout around your classes or internship schedules.

2. Pimple popper

College is stressful. Stress causes multiple things to happen, one of which is the growth of acne. You can't use your hands to pop your pimples because it's unsanitary - you gotta use a pimple popper to pop those pestering spots that are ruining your self-esteem.

3. Nutribullet

I ain't gonna spend $8 for an acai bowl or smoothie at Nektar! I can make my own. Sure, buying an acai bowl outside comes in a cute bowl and everything, but with blending your own smoothies at home gives you the freedom to add whatever you want. Plus, it saves you money as a poor college student.

4. Vitamin B and Magnesium supplements

You eat a lot of junk food as a college student and eating healthy is a constant struggle. Instead of coffee, take some all natural Vitamin B Complex to give you an energy boost and some Magnesium capsules to provide nutrients to your body that you wouldn't normally intake in food.

5. Food storage containers

Just like paying for an acai bowl is pricey, having the habit to eat out is what keeps breaking your monthly budget. On the bright side, being a college student gives you the time of day to MAKE FOOD. Prepare your own lunches and dinners! Food storage containers come especially handy when you have extra food to freeze for later or leftovers you need to finish tomorrow.

6. Noise canceling headphones

If you are a light sleeper like me or just doesn't appreciate loud noises while concentrating, you will appreciate how noise canceling headphones will save you from unnecessary stress throughout your college career.

7. Multiple lip balms

Living in California has brought out the dryness in me. My lips are always chapped from the dry weather. Luckily, I stash a lip balm in every bag I own, from purses to backpacks. Instead of just only having one lip balm to transfer from bag to bag, I don't have to worry about losing it ever again.

8. Yellowjacket ambassadors

You know what I'm talking about. Yes, the people wearing yellow jackets who stand at the intersections off campus. Without them, I would be paranoid walking from campus back to my apartment. They are why I feel safe going to USC.

9. FastPass

One of LA's worst nightmares: traffic. You've either been in one or passed by one - they're no fun. Luckily, I owned a fast pass that really allowed me to zoom past everybody else and avoid the unnecessary traffic at 6PM. Unfortunately, these fast passes cost money. But, time is money; you're spending money to save time.

10. Stepping stool

Let's face it. Not everyone is blessed with good genes in height. At least not for the 5'3" me. When you move into a new apartment, there will almost always be cabinets *up there* that is not within your area of reach - even on your tippy toes. A stepping stool is your solution. Best part? You get to pass it on to your future kids. Talk about cost savings!

11. Teeth whitening strips

To keep up with all those all-nighters and keeping yourself sane in the morning, caffeine is a must. Unfortunately, too much caffeine will slowly turn your teeth yellow and make you look like an unsanitary person (eww, who wants that?) That's why teeth whitening strips are essential as a college student. You just slap these babies on twice a year and you can drink as much coffee as you want.