11 Struggles Of Shopping On eBay

11 Struggles Of Shopping On eBay

This isn't what I ordered.

16
11 Struggles Of Shopping On eBay
eBay

Shopping online in general is fun, but eBay is a great place to browse for unique or older stuff that you normally don’t find at the mall or even on Amazon. But despite its convenience, there are some struggles that can make shopping on eBay more difficult for the average buyer.

1. When you can't find even the most basic item

A simple, white crop-top should be easy to find, right? Nope. Even with filtering, there are always lace and floral tops to wade through before even catching a glimpse of what you're actually looking for. What a pain.

2. Clicking on one item and then getting lost in the dozens of suggested items

You only want to look at a few of them, but then you scroll down to the suggestions and look at all of these other ones! It's always good to weigh your options, at least.

3. Finding something you like before realizing it's not in your size

Forgetting to filter your search can lead to disappointment. Oh, well— on to the next one.

4. When an item is more expensive than you would expect

That "Yu-Gi-Oh" duel disk is very old, so it should be selling for cheap—except when sellers price them as high as $200, and you start questioning your shopping habits. Do I really need one of those? Not for even $100.

5. Trying to decide whether or not to bid higher

You're close to going over budget, but you think you can afford to bid another $10 or so. Or can you?

6. When the bid reaches beyond your budget

So close, and yet so far. Curse you and your sensible spending habits! Over to the next auction.

7. Wanting to place a snipe bid but realizing you'll be busy at the time the auction ends

So you just place your bid as close to the end time as possible and hope for the best.

8. When someone outbids you at the last moment

So rude! It's funny and exciting when you do it, but if someone else gets the jump on you, it's rude.

9. Waiting for your item to arrive

Yay, you won! But you still have to wait another five to seven business days for it. Will it come in time for whatever you need it for?

10. When the item looks different from how it was described

Maybe it was the lighting in the photo, or something might have happened to it while en route to your house, but it doesn't look anything like what you ordered. But returns take so much effort...

11. Trying not to remember the item is used

That is the whole point of eBay—selling old stuff that you don't want anymore. Just remember to wash them first if you ordered clothes.