11 Songs To Welcome In Autumn

11 Songs To Welcome In Autumn

A haunting playlist to try and cure my longing for the upcoming season.

936
11 Songs To Welcome In Autumn
Tumblr

Although it is still August, summer is quickly coming to a close. And, more importantly, Autumn is approaching.

There are so many moments to look forward to as the seasons change, including no longer having to worry about whether or not you are sweating through every piece of clothing on your body. To start the celebration of the approaching change, I have created a short playlist of songs to get you in the mood for the spooky season.

1. Shadow of the Wind // Kagu

The video for this song is a bit strange but it also gives the song an almost ethereal feel.

2. Something Wild // Lindsey Stirling featuring Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness

Fairly new as this song is part of the soundtrack for the movie in theaters, "Pete's Dragon." Very fun and upbeat song to listen to that gives you a feel-good vibe.

3. Seasons Change // Expose

Have bit of a soft spot for '80s music and this song is no exception. A bad ass girl band and fall vibes are all a person could ask for to be completely honest.

4. Forever Autumn // The Moody Blues

Two things to say about this choice. This is the ultimate song to make you long for the autumn season. Second, they aren't called The Moody Blues for no reason because they are the epitome of moody music.

5. Ceilings // Local Natives

This song can make you feel nostalgic for nostalgia. Enough said.

6. Walking // The Dodos

Not sure why this song makes me think of autumn but it does. I guess this song has a calming and laid back vibe that I associate with autumn.

7. Raining in Baltimore // Counting Crows

Very slow and heartfelt song that is filled with a lot of passion. Highly recommend this band, especially after a breakup.

8. High and Dry // Radiohead

Never a bad decision to listen to a bit of Radiohead during any season, but their haunting sound makes it especially appropriate for Autumn.

9. Easier // Grizzly Bear

A beautiful song with a haunting vibe that for some reason reminds me of "Spirited Away" which is an awesome movie that I now want to watch.

10. Blue Jeans // Lana Del Rey

I could never make a playlist without adding Lana Del Rey because, honestly, how could you go wrong with any of her songs? Not sure if this song actually makes me think of autumn but autumn makes me happy and so does this song and that is good enough for me.

11. Autumn Almanac // The Kinks

I have always thought that if I could go back to one decade for a short period of time it would be the '60s in England. The Kinks and The Beatles? Yeah, there is no need for any further explanation.

Hopefully this playlist made even just one person feel a bit of longing for the Autumn season as I do. And if not, here is a small look into my ever growing music taste and some great bands I have come to love.