11 Songs For People Who Use Music To Deal With Their Feelings

Because music can make anything better
48881

We all experience sadness and anger for all kinds of different reasons and in all kinds of different stages. There are many ways to cope with these feelings and emotions, such as watching sad or funny movies, writing in journals, or drawing. Some people, myself included, prefer listening to music that relates to what we're feeling at that very moment. So, for all of those people, here are some songs that I think are perfect for certain feelings:

1. "A World Alone" by Lorde

Everyone reaches a time in their life when they feel like everyone around them, maybe even their friends, is fake. This song perfectly describes that empty feeling you get when you realize you can't trust anyone.

2. "Boston" by Augustana

This one is for people who feel out of place at school, work, or in their town. For people who know they have to get out in order to be happy, because they've never belonged where they are.

3. "Hanging On" by Ellie Goulding

For those of you who are having relationship problems, this one expresses the feeling of not understanding what went wrong, and not knowing what to do about it.

4. "My Blood" by Ellie Goulding

This describes the initial shock of a bad, and likely unexpected, breakup. The feeling that none of it is real and it can't really be happening.

5. "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia

This song is perfect to listen to if you're in the phase of a breakup where you're still in denial. But you also know it's real, and you just can't stop crying over it.

6. "My Immortal" by Evanescence

To me, this illustrates bitterness over a betrayal. So, if you're angry about being hurt by someone you loved and really cared about, I highly recommend this one.

7. "Hello" by Adele

This one is new and very popular, and I think it relates particularly to people who realize they've messed up by hurting someone they loved but know it's too late to take it all back.

8. "Last Love Song" by ZZ Ward

This is the perfect song for the acceptance stage of a breakup. It's over and it's done with and there's no going back. It's a great "goodbye forever" song.

9. "Smile" by Lily Allen

This one is my personal favorite because there's nothing sad about it. It reminds me of what I like to call the "Salty Stage" of a breakup, which is when you're angry but you also find the entire situation to be so ridiculous that it's amusing. Your anger comes out in the form of sass, and it just feels great. Excuse the language in the beginning, but this song is on point.

10. "Carry On" by Fun

This is a very motivational song, and the lyrics basically say that no matter what you're going through you can move on from it, and it's going to be OK.

11. "Elastic Heart" by Sia (Ft. The Weeknd)

The message of this song serves as the perfect reminder to those who have been hurt before that it's important to enter new relationships with caution, to watch out for red flags, and to protect yourself.

I think that listening to music is the best outlet for your emotions. If you pick the right song for what you're feeling, it's as if the song was written just for you. It feels like the artist has been through what you're going through and knows exactly how you feel. I've always found it amazing that one song can change my whole outlook on a situation or even life in general. I hope it can do the same for you, too.