11 Shows That Should Be Revived By Netflix

Some great shows were cancelled way too early – let's have Netflix give them a new home.

184
lifehacker.com

Between the “Gilmore Girls” reboot and the “Full House” spin-off, our childhood is returning to us, and it’s all thanks to good ol' Netflix (and no thanks to chill). In case they’re looking for more content to work with. Here are 11 other great shows that Netflix should consider reviving.

1. “Freaks and Geeks”

This sounds like an obvious choice, but after only one season from 1999-2000, “Freaks and Geeks” continues to be a cult classic today. The show’s executive producer, Judd Apatow, teased the possibility, so maybe someone at Netflix should give him a call. If not, there are always the original episodes.

2. “Hellcats”

Maybe it was just a guilty pleasure, but this show was awesome and had so many questions that needed to be answered after that season/series finale. Does Marti meet her father? What about her relationship with her law professor – how long was that going to last? One season was not enough.

3. “Invader Zim”

The reasoning behind Nickelodeon execs cancelling “Invader Zim” was a load of crap, and it was way too early for the show. Yeah, we have the comics now, but it’s not the same as the classic TV show we grew up with. We want more episodes! Netflix can work something out.

4. “Chasing Life”

This is a more recent show, as it was cancelled only a few months ago. But some people were very upset over the show’s somewhat surprising cancellation, and Netflix should take advantage of that, since they’re always chasing good source material. Just so we can see what happens in Italy.

5. “Firefly”

It’s been years since this show aired, but that doesn’t make it any less popular. While it may not have worked out so well in its initial run, “Firefly” would add something new to the Netflix lineup, and bring a ton of obsessed fans with it. At least air the remaining episodes.

6. “Undeclared”

This one may require some recasting (due to aging), but the original series is already airing on Netflix, so they might as well run with it. Executive producer Judd Apatow even had parts of a second season planned out, so Netflix has at least something to work with moving forward.

7. “Don’t Trust the B---- in Apartment 23”

This was a funny show, especially about living with roommates. With a great cast of characters (especially the obnoxious James Van Der Beek) and plenty of storylines and other material to be explored, this show would definitely be worth picking up for Netflix. I would trust Netflix with this one.

8. “Red Band Society”

This was another show that, despite its low ratings, people were upset over when Fox pulled the plug. Many people petitioned to try and save the show, so they would probably flock to Netflix if it was continued there.

9. “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”

Who doesn’t love the “Terminator” movies? This was a great spin-off series with a lot of potential, hence its high ratings in its first year on the air. Yet it wasn’t renewed for season three – good job Fox. Netflix could be the reason for the third season.

10. “Ugly Betty”

This revival would work more like the “Gilmore Girls” one – an update to see where everyone is and what they’re doing now. Where is Betty working now? Is she running her own magazine? Is she still considered ugly? And what became of Mode after most of the main characters left it?

11. “Summerland”

This show had a rather abrupt ending. Like “Gilmore Girls,” this show was also part of the beginnings of a popular Hollywood actor (Zac Efron). While Efron likely wouldn’t be able to join the reboot due to other projects, they could still make half a season to tie those loose ends.

Whatever type of continuations they are – additional episodes, spin-offs, reboots, reunions – all of these awesome shows deserve to be picked up again. We, the fans, want more in whatever capacity. That’s where Netflix comes in.

The ball’s in your court, Netflix. “Gilmore Girls” is a good start – now keep going.

Which of your favorite shows would you like to see rebooted/revived on Netflix? Tell us about them in the comments!