11 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'One Tree Hill' Now That It's Coming Back To Hulu

It's back, ladies and gentlemen! Or soon-to-be at least.

1221
The CW

Something must’ve been slightly wrong with my childhood and the life I grew up in, but I somehow missed out on the hype of "One Tree Hill" all throughout my high school career and didn’t figure out the love it held until deep into my freshman year of college.

Let's start off by saying this is your one and only warning that there ARE spoilers ahead, so read at your own risk!

The show that stole my heart and held it just as tight has been missed ever since leaving Netflix on November 1st. From the small town of Tree Hill High School, it is back (and hopefully here to stay!).

After being without us for a short few months, Hulu finally decided to jump back on board and stream it all for us! (Also, if you didn’t know, if you’re a student with a Spotify account, not only do you qualify for a student discount, you also get a free Hulu subscription with it.)

That being said, you can watch "One Tree Hill" and add every song it plays throughout the series as well. Music should be its own category, as well, but you learn very quickly how music literally is the epitome and inspiration for the entire series.

I say with a light heart that there’s few people I know who don’t like this show. It’s witty, dramatic, has character and tells the story of each individual almost exceptionally. "One Tree Hill" came out in 2003 and went a complete nine seasons. With a heavy (and happy) heart, here are 11 reasons why you should watch it.

1. The Drama.

Honestly, who doesn’t love a show that’s just overflowing with drama and dramatic issues?! "One Tree Hill" has to be incredibly notorious for how ridiculous it can get, but it’s completely filled with nine seasons of drama, drama, and more drama. From the first episode, you’re completely entrapped of the dramatic lives that Nathan Scott and Lucas Scott live and you can’t help but binge the life you (might) hope to live.

2. Character Development.

The character development and improvement of each one of these characters are absolutely insane! I can be the one to admit you definitely go through phases of loving and hating each one of the characters for the decisions they make, but in the end, you love them no less. From the big, hot-shot jock to the best dad; from the shy, awkward girl to the world-famous singer; you see each of these characters grow into exactly who you want them to be. That is, until they do something to piss you off again, but you find a way to forgive it!

3. Social Issues.

There are definitely some deep issues that "One Tree Hill" hits throughout its nine seasons. From slut-shaming to the negativity of popularity, drug abuse, depression and feeling comfortable in the body you were given, it’s hard not to relate to at least one topic that this show presents.

4. Nathan and Haley (and Jamie!).

There’s absolutely no argument when I say that Nathan and Haley are at the top of the list in couple goals in every way, shape and form. While they have their ups and downs just like everyone else, their love story is absolutely phenomenal and one of a kind. It’s hard to think of things that could possibly improve their friendship, and then all of the sudden Jamie comes into the mix and somehow you learn to love them even more.

5. The Beauty of Life and Death.

"One Tree Hill" carries the beautiful story of life and death and all of its little fixings. The characters we lose, we definitely learn to love. Not only that, but it shows heartbreak in no other way and you truly learn to appreciate each one of their acts. Unfortunately, it doesn’t make the heartbreak of losing a favorite character any easier. In fact, it only feels more real. Am I the only one that gets ridiculously attached to fictional characters and bawl my eyes out when they leave?!

6. Brooke Davis.

Brooke Davis gets her own category of why you should watch "One Tree Hill" just because she’s Brooke Davis. Brooke's character development is absolutely unreal and she carries herself throughout the entire show. She goes from low and annoying to a boss lady woman owning her own company! Not only that, but through everything, she gives the best boy-, life-, love- and everything in between that-advice.

7. It’s Relatable!

No matter how unrealistic the storyline seems to be, you can’t help but relate to the show in some shape or form. Whether it’s fighting with your best friend and how to get over it, or heartbreak over the boy you’ve been with since high school, "One Tree Hill" absolutely covers all of its bases and you never feel left out.

8. Absolute Goals.

Um, talk about glow-up for these characters! Not only are their relationships absolutely irresistible, but their lives and friendships seem to be also. So many of these characters find themselves in dream jobs with beautiful families and wonderful careers, and how would someone not want that? "One Tree Hill" definitely knows how to make you cry with what it presents.

9. The Jump.

Whether you’re a fan of shows with a jump break or not, it was inevitable with this show. I mean, in real life, you can’t live in high school forever, so why is a show any different? After the fourth season, the Tree Hill students find themselves graduated and the show takes a four-year jump into the future. Honestly, I go back and forth on if I like the young cast or old cast better; it’s all just a favorite.

10. The Kids.

Just as important as the main characters, the jump follows the introduction of more kids and more cuteness! The kids age as do their parents, and it’s absolutely amazing to watch them grow with the show. Not only do their parents carry drama, but you start to see unfortunate drama amongst their little ones as well.

11. Friendships That Last Forever.

"One Tree Hill" is the epitome of life-long friendships and what everyone hopes to have. Whether they lasted through the entire season or not, there are definitely some friendships throughout the seasons that are irresistible to the naked eye. You learn to fall in love with each relationship that is formed, whether it’s actually good or bad.

After these 11 reasons, I sincerely hope you consider watching one of my favorite television shows of all time. It shows the beauty of loss and friendship and appreciation for every form of life. Not only that, but you have no excuses anymore! Go get your Hulu subscription now!

I hope you give the show the time it deserves because it’s truly one of a kind.