11 Reasons Why Summer Is Better Than Winter

Summer are you here yet!?

28370
Max Pixel

So great news, I saw the sun today! It looks like spring weather is upon us, which means summer is right around the corner! Summer is my favorite season, without comparison; I'm not one of those people who wishes for warm weather in February but is dying for fall weather in Autumn. Give me sunshine everyday. Obviously, I was born in the wrong state. But to celebrate this beautiful weather, here's 11 reasons why summer is so much better than winter.

1. Tan skin

I have gone tanning before, normally before I go on a vacation to get a base tan. I could tan all year round, but I don't have that kind of dedication or need to get skin cancer. Give me the sun and some SPF 15 and I'll get a nice tan in a few weeks!

2. There are more things to do

During the winter, you can go to a movie, the mall, or do just about anything else inside. But during the summer, there are outdoor concerts, festivals, carnivals, sporting events, picnics, and parks! Never do I get bored during the summer.

3. It's easier to be active

It's a lot better to go for a jog when you don't have to wear snow boots. Plus, it's a lot cheaper to exercise outside at a local park than pay a monthly gym membership!

4. The beach/lake/pool

Ah yes, the water. If you can honestly say that you don't enjoy a day of boating or relaxing by the beach or pool, you're crazy.

5. Sundresses, shorts, crop tops, flip-flops, bathing suits

Summer fashion to show off that beautiful tan skin!

6. More daylight

It's great getting out of work at 5 and still having three hours left of sun!

7. Bright colors are acceptable again

I'm sick of gray, navy, and maroon. Give me yellow, orange, and aqua!

8. There's more fruit in season

It's a lot easier and cheaper to get fruit during the summer; I love strawberries and watermelon.

9. You can be outside at night

Isn't it great to be able to have a bonfire or outdoor party without wearing gloves and a hat? I long for nights I can wear shorts past 8.

10. You can have a mini vacation without spending a lot of money

No need to fly to Florida or Mexico! If you have a long weekend, head to a lake or ocean and rent a house. If you only have a day, head someplace local! Again, there are so many things to do when it's warm out!

11. Sunlight makes everyone happier

That's science. Boom.