11 Reasons Why Guys Who Work With Kids Are 100% Husband Material

After being a summer day camp counselor for the entire summer, here are some things that I picked up on.

1. Guys who work with kids are patient.

I'm not going to lie, having a job where you're around children all of the time can be tough. Children are a wildcard and sometimes know how to push all of your buttons. However, if a guy can handle children pushing all of his buttons, he can definitely handle you and your little moments- granted he might pull a "you're acting like a ten year old" and actually be able to provide evidence.

2. Guys who work with kids provide a good male role model.

A lot of kiddos (especially the boys) need strong men to lead them into making the right decisions. These men who work with kids are aware that they are a role model and usually act their best to be that for the kiddos. If a man is already acting like a role model, you can guarantee that he'll treat you right.

3. Guys who work with kids know how to stay positive in all situations.

Again, it's a tough job. However, even on our toughest days, men that work with kids know how to handle every situation with positivity and grace. It amazes me, truly. If a man can sit through a child screaming at them and remain positive, just imagine what he can do for you!

4. Guys who work with kids are prepared to have them one day.

This. This is so true. No guy would sign up to work with kids all summer if they didn't absolutely love them. I can say that I 10/10 love the kids that I work with, and these guys can probably say the same.

5. Guys who work with kids know how to handle them.

There's a lot thrown at you in the course of a summer or two. I'm not saying that guys who work with kids are prepared for *all* situations, but there's not a lot that they have not seen.

6. Guys who work with kids know more about what Jesus thinks about us because of it.

I've learned a lot about the characteristics of God because of this job. I've learned that even on a child's roughest day, I still care about them with my whole heart- and I'm human. Our God cares about us, even when we're metaphorically sitting on the floor and hiding under a desk crying because we want something we can't have. I'm not saying that the guys who work with kids are Jesus, but they're also learning a lot about the characteristics of God because of it.

7. Guys who work with kids aren't scared of what kids might do.

This might fall under the "they're prepared" category, but when a guy who works with kids has seen everything, they're not scared of what a child has the capacity to do. I feel for the guys who decide to become fathers after never actually spending time with children. All of those parenting books talk about the ideal situations, but guys who have seen it all aren't scared of what a child can come up with. For example, today I had children putting pieces of paper down my shirt.

8. Guys who work with kids stay young and fun.

Truly, they never grow old. I'm convinced that living inside of each 20-24 year old counselor is a little 12 year old boy who never left.

9. Guys who work with kids are the sweetest people you could ever meet. 

They care so much about kids. So so much. And each guy shows it in a different way, and meets children where they are at.

10. Guys who work with kids are full of compassion.

Sometimes it's really difficult to understand why a child is upset. In our brains, we're like "uh that's not a big deal- get over it" but these guys REALLY do what they can to get inside the child's head and empathize. Do you ever have your crazy days? If a man can understand what's going on inside a ten year old's mind, he can probably empathize with you a little bit.

11. Guys who work with kids are great listeners.

Children are really good at talking about things that you may not necessarily care about... but these guys will just sit and listen so well. I can count on my hand a number of times I would talk about something that I really care about and then notice that a guy is pretty bored immediately after I started talking. These guys are perfect if you're like me.