11 Reasons To Love Disneyland, No Matter How Old You Are

A testimony coming from an Orange County kid who pretty much grew up at Disneyland.

576
Bridget Chagollan

1. It was the first Disney park.

Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California was not only the first Disney park ever built, but was also the only one whose progress was overseen by Walt Disney himself. That means there is a ton of history behind the park and some really cool factoids hidden within the buildings about his experiences there and the history of the park itself.

2. You get a chance to totally forget reality for a day.

When you step through the gates that lead into Disneyland, it's like the whole world around you doesn't even exist. From that point forward, all that matters is which ride has the shortest lines and how many churros you think you'll be able to eat without getting sick.

3. Your childhood comes to life.

One of my personal favorite parts of going to Disneyland is seeing the characters I fell in love with as a kid come to life right before my eyes. Taking pictures with them, seeing them interact with other characters/people, and even seeing their worlds through rides is a dream come true for someone who grew up on Disney movies like I did.

4. All your senses are constantly stimulated

Throughout the entire park, sounds and smells are emitted in strategic places in order to enhance your experience as a guest. This allows you to be fully immersed in whatever section of that park you are in. Taking a stroll through New Orleans? Subtle jazz music can be heard as you walk. Walking by the Candy Palace on Main Street? You will be overtaken with smells of waffle cones.

5. Similarly, everywhere you look is extremely visually appealing.

One of the most impressive parts of Disneyland, in my opinion, is the ornate buildings and decor literally everywhere you look. Everything is made so well it really feels like you have been transported to another universe where all these things really do exist the way they appear to in the movies. Even the lines for rides are mapped out so that you still have things to look at and enjoy while you're standing and waiting to get on the main attraction.

6. The employees are incredible.

Disneyland employees, or "cast members," are trained to be as accommodating as they possibly can, while still keeping the magic of Disney alive. They do an amazing job at it, too. Very rarely will you come across an employee who is out of character or seems like they don't want to be at work. Then again, who wouldn't want to come to work when your job is at the happiest place on Earth?

7. The Disney theme never dies.

Everywhere you look you are always in the world of Disney. There is no section of either Disneyland or California Adventure that takes a "break" from the theme. There will always be some sort of character, song, or Mickey-head-shaped-thing to remind you where you are and the experience you came for.

8. There are some great foods/desserts.

If you're going to spend all day at a theme park, the expectation is that they will have decent food for you to eat while you're there. Disneyland exceeds these expectations with an extremely wide variety of foods to choose from, all the way from snacks to full meals to desserts. Whether it be the replicas of movie foods like the Grey Stuff from Beauty and the Beast, or things that Disneyland came up with like Dole Whip, the food is definitely a unique and unforgettable part of your Disneyland experience.

9. Hidden Mickeys!

Hidden Mickeys are a super popular thing to hunt for at Disney parks, so much so they even have books out that tell you where they are in the park! A Hidden Mickey could either be a literal mickey head hidden in a section of the park, or just a secret about a specific attraction or area. You can find their locations all over the internet, so seeing what things might be hidden on the ride you're about to get on is a fun thing to do while standing in line.

10. There's something for everyone.

Whether you're 7, 47, or 77 years old, there will always be something for you at Disneyland. I think the park does a wonderful job of bringing people of all ages together because whether you're aware of it or not, pretty much everybody has some sort of connection to Disney. Just because you're too old to believe all the magic doesn't mean there isn't still magic that you can enjoy.

11. Everybody is there with the same goal: to have fun.

Very rarely will you find someone who is reluctant to come to Disneyland. Everybody who goes to Disneyland is there with the same purpose: to have a good time and make memories. It's an extremely positive environment full of people who are making the most of their own experiences and making memories that will last a lifetime.