11 Reasons Taylor Swift's Reinvention Is Brilliant

The old Taylor may be dead, but the new one is just as fabulous!

151
Twitter

After Taylor Swift practically shattered the Internet, she released a single called "Look What You Made Me Do". It's undoubtedly a new sound from the pop singer, but it still climbed to the tops of charts worldwide. Not only did it sound different, but the music video presents every Taylor there ever was, from the time she was still singing country music to her last 'era'-- the 1989 era. The video literally and figuratively puts to rest those old Taylors, as she even states that "the old Taylor is dead" in the lyrics. And while there are people criticizing her transformation, I think there is plenty to admire about it.

1. It's a sign of self-growth.

There is nothing more empowering than a celeb willing to show the world the real her, whether it's good, bad, or ugly. The fact that Swift is growing and sharing her journey with us reveals that she's genuine and cares deeply about her fans.

2. She's taken ownership of her not-so-glam moments.

Like I said, whether she's in the spotlight for her music or because she's under fire, Taylor persists. She owns up to her mistakes, copes by writing music, and shares it with the world.

3. Taylor is doing what's best for her.

Even though she's constantly under scrutiny, Taylor seems to be dealing with the hate by focusing on her.

4. Her first single shut up ALL the haters.

Have you ever talked sh*t about Taylor? Because as far as I can tell, everyone who ever has is now silenced by her incredible comeback. I mean, she literally BROKE the Internet before any music was even released! Talk about power...

5. It's teaching people young and old valuable lessons.

By allowing herself to transform, Taylor is showing young girls and boys, as well as older women and men the importance of staying true to yourself and finding strength when people relentlessly attempt to bring you down.

6. Taylor is reclaiming her fame without acting immature.

Instead of, you know, acting like a child on stage at the Grammy's or attempting to steal someone's fame because you can't get enough of it without help (@Kanye West), Taylor still uses music (which is what made her famous in the first place) to rise up.

7. She's maintaining a self-image SHE is happy with.

Taylor consistently chooses to be the best version of herself, no matter how much it may change. Change is the thing that helps us grow and find happiness in ourselves, so watching Taylor do just that despite being criticized all the time is truly inspiring.

8. Taylor's music is still as raw as it's always been.

Taylor makes herself vulnerable through her music. It's part of who she is and how she connects with her fans. Seeing her most recent singles continuing to reveal her emotions is comforting to the fans who have been with her since her first hit single "Tim McGraw".

9. Even though the feel of her music is different, she's still connecting to her fans.

Connecting with fans can be difficult, and is often the reason that artists tend not to maintain popularity. With Taylor, though, her music is always relatable, often making a go-to for everyday people who experience the same things.

10. After her trial in court, she still impacted the music industry throughout the world.

Aside from taking over the top of charts across the world with her new singles, Taylor also proved to billions of people through her victorious court trial that she's capable of anything, and if that doesn't send a positive message to young girls around the world, I don't know what will.

11. She's finally giving her fans what they want: and we LOVE it!

While her new music might not what be what we expected, there's no doubt that true Swifties will stand by her and appreciate the masterpieces she delivers to us. We love you, Taylor!