11 Ways You Know You're From North Jersey

Because South Jersey is a whole other world.

513
On Point Auto Detailing

Since I was born and raised in Sussex County and have never moved anywhere else my entire life, I cannot be any more "North Jersey" than I already am. I enjoyed growing up in North Jersey and I thought all of New Jersey was somewhat similar. However, going off to college has exposed me to a new type of New Jerseyan I've never experienced before - the South Jersey native. Granted, I've been to places in South Jersey many times, mostly to just go down the shore, but I never really understood how different the two words really are. Ever since being exposed to the ways of South Jerseyans, I have discovered quite a bit of things we do not see eye to eye on. Here are 11 ways you know you're definitely from North Jersey.

1. We get coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. Most of us don't even have a Wawa remotely close to us, or have ever been to a Wawa for that matter. Plus, Dunkin' coffee is the staple of a good day.

2. When we order a breakfast sandwich, we'll get Taylor ham, egg, and cheese. We will NEVER call it a pork roll. IT'S TAYLOR HAM.

3. We have absolutely no idea what a "jawn" or a "boul" is. We just get super confused when South Jersey people use them in sentences.

4. I don't know about you, but we put sprinkles on our ice cream. "Jimmies" sounds like the name of a restaurant, not an ice cream topping.

5. Hoagies are not a thing. Subs are the way to go.

6. When we say we're going to the city, it's New York City. If we're going to make a trip to Philadelphia, we just say we're going to Philly.

7. The best bagels in the state are in North Jersey. No question about it.

8. We drink water. We're not really sure what "wooder" is.

9. Water ice is also really confusing considering we eat Italian ice.

10. The real football teams for New Jersey are the Giants or Jets...none of this Eagles business.

11. Even though there are a variety of differences between North and South Jersey, there is one thing we can agree on -- New Jersey is the place to be and we wouldn't want to be from anywhere else.