11 Reasons Why We Should All Love 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'

If you haven't seen this classic Halloween flick, you are seriously missing out.

1257
Google Images

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" is probably one of the most underrated Disney movies. Tim Burton produced it, and I honestly believe this movie is one of the best stop-motion movies. If you haven't seen this classic Halloween flick, you are seriously missing out. I'm here to tell you what makes "The Nightmare Before Christmas" so great

11. The Music:The opening number, "This Is Halloween," is addictive in the most bizarre way possible. You'll likely find yourself tapping your feet and it'll be a bit strange considering this song is so energetic and creepy at the same time.

10. The Townsfolk: For a place whose sole purpose is to scare others and thrives off of fright and nightmares, these people sure seem pretty chipper if you ask me.

9. Lock, Shock, and Barrel: "Kidnap The Sandy Claws" may be the single strangest song to ever come out from a Disney movie and these three crazy cohorts make it even better. Their relationship with one another are one of the most humorous parts of the entire movie.

8. Oogie Boogie: As far as villains go, Oogie is definitely one of the best! I mean, he has his own casino-themed lair, and who doesn't love a good old jazz song?

7. The Concept Of The Holiday Trees: Think about it, how cool would it be to take a stroll through the forest and end up in front of entrances to a bunch of entrances to completely new worlds?

6. Sally's Attitude: Can we talk about how clever Sally is for always getting the best of Dr. Finklestein and always being ready to take on a challenge? And her resourcefulness is reason enough to admire her.

5. Jack Reading The Scientific Method:
As if a skeleton reading a book wasn't something funny in itself, the fact that this skeleton is actually attempting to research and understand Christmas is simply brilliant.

4. The Kids' Reactions To Jacks Version Of Christmas: At first they look sort of confused but then they look absolutely horrified. The facial expressions are absolutely priceless.

3. Zero: First off, who doesn't love an animal sidekick? And second, Zero is living (or dying) proof that dogs will always be man's best friend.

2. When Jack Recites Shakespeare: Because the biggest perk of being a skeleton is being able to quote Shakespeare in its truest form.

1. Jack and Sally's Romance: after Sally throws herself (and then sews herself back together) out of a window just to see Jack and yearns for him as he leaves for Christmas town, our hearts are pretty much breaking. Until Jack comes to his senses and then serenades Sally, and they realize they are perfect for one another, and our faith in love was instantly reestablished.