11 Reasons It's Actually BETTER To Be A 'We' Instead Of 'Just Me' In Your 20s

What is single again?

281
Unsplash

We all have been single at one time in our life, whether it was when we were younger or when we were older. We all have experienced the feeling of being alone and not having that special person to lean on when the going gets tough. But we have experienced the feeling of freedom when you are single and not have to worry about anyone but your self.

And most of us, who are lucky enough, who loves to be committed, have had experiences of being a "we" with someone.

People have argued if being in a relationship is better than being single and vice versa. Of course, they both have their pros and cons. But I personally believe that being a "we" is SO much better than "just me."

1. You have each other

Sure you have your friends, but your partner is literally there no matter what, any time of the day. They are always going to have their shoulder for you to lean on.

2. You share a bond

A bond that is unique and one of a kind. No one else can replace that bond that you two share.

3. Being a "we" in your 20s, you have someone to grow up with

Going to school, to finding your first career job, and to finding a place to live on your own — having that special someone to do that with, you are learning together and growing up together to become actual adults.

4. You face obstacles together

Life is going to throw some curve balls that is for sure, but you have each other. Nothing can stop you both.

5. You're each other support system

Enough said.

6. What is single again?

Being a "we" for so long, you forget what it is like to be single, and frankly, you love being a "we."

7. Being a "we" you're in love with your best friend

Simple as that. There is no greater love than being in love with your best friend.

8. You learn new ways of how a relationship works

Being in a relationship is never boring. There are always new ways to make a relationship work and to make it more interesting and fun.

9. With your person, you figure out who you both really are in your 20s

Not only do you figure who you really are, you figure it out together and who you are as a couple.

10. Being a "we" in your 20s, you are not pressured like you would be in your 30s

11. All of your friends are getting married in their 20s

So who are you going to take to their wedding? Of course, duh, your partner that makes your "we," we.

Being a "we" is so much better than being "just me." You have someone to do life with you starting out young which will progress into growing up together and facing every obstacle that life gives to you both. Being a "we" in your 20s gives you this amazing bond that with the person you are in love with.

Take my word for it.