11 Times When ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Is An Appropriate Response

*metaphorically shrugs shoulders*

49

When texting, sometimes a question is posed that you just cannot simply answer with words. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ can be applied to almost any question; so, here is a list of questions where ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is an appropriate response.

1. Did you know how to do that homework question?

Response: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chances are, if you are asking me, I most likely did not know how to do the question either...sorry.

2. Did you even do the homework yet?

Response: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eh, it's not do for another couple of hours anyways...

3. Why don't you have notes for that subject that won’t be on the final?

Response: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does that question even warrant a response? The real question is, why do you?

4. Why do you never go to class?

Answer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The lectures are all posted online anyways...

5. Why are you wearing pajamas to class?

Answer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cuz why not?

6. Why do you always go to McDonald’s at midnight?

Answer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I deserve it.

7. Where are we going out to tonight?

Answer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't know, don't really care either.

8. Do you know what you’re going to wear to that business meeting?

Answer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uhh...sweatpants?

9. Where do you want to eat tonight?

Answer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A place that has food, preferably.

10. Did you think that person liked me?

Answer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sure they did!

11. Why am I still single?

Answer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Definitely recommend using ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to avoid the potential of offending the one who asked the question. Chances are, they don't want to hear what you have to say anyways, even if it is the truth.

As you can see, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is an appropriate response to a wide variety of questions. It is a metaphorical shoulder shrug, signifying that either you really do not know or quite frankly you just really do not care.