Report this Content
Once you go away to college, your new life will start. You leave your home, may move to a new city that you don´t know without your beloved family and friends. While playing a sport isn´t for everybody, being a part of a team or a group of people you socialize with should be. Before going to college, some people debate whether or not they should be playing a sport. They might ask themselves: can I manage school and sport? How will I get all my school work done? Will I still have time to go out?
Let me tell you: playing a sport in college is the best thing you can do for several reasons.
1. You will automatically have at least 10 new friends that have your back.
2. During season, calories don't count.
3. Saturday night out is much more fun after a big win.
4. Playing your rival is the best – beating them is even better.
5. You become pretty good at time management.
6. Playing a sport keeps you grounded and your priorities straight.
7. Playing the sport you love is a great stress reliever.
8. Workouts and practices may be hard, but they definitely pay off.
9. You don't have to set aside time to force yourself to go to the gym, you have practice and games instead - which is actually enjoyable.
10. You always have someone to hang out with and most importantly to get food with.
11. Your teammates will become some of your best friends, who will always tell you the truth.
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.