11 Must-See Performances In The Twin Cities This April

The best musicians, reality stars, Broadway performers and comedians.
14

Spring has sprung and several artists, speakers, musicals, and other performers are making their way to the Twin Cities to entertain. Minneapolis and St. Paul have a tremendous amount of talent visiting this spring and there are dozens of events for you to attend this month. Here are some of the shows you definitely don't want to miss this April.

1. "Matilda" - The Musical

When: April 1-2, various times
Where: Orpheum Theatre

Hopefully you didn't miss it already, but if you haven't seen this movie from 1996, I highly recommend you do. The only thing I can imagine being better than the movie is a Broadway musical.

2. Green Day & Against Me!

When: April 1st, 7:30pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

Green Day and Against Me! were just recently in the Twin Cities. We all know Green Day for their infamous songs "21 Guns" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," but you may not know of Against Me! just yet. If you're a Green Day fan, I hope you made it to this one!

3. Lewis Black - The Rant, White, and Blue Tour

When: April 1st, 8:00pm
Where: Pantages Theatre Minneapolis

Lewis Black is a comedian and "ranter" who tours around the country going off about anything and everything that bothers him in today's society. This is a must-see event for anyone who wants a good laugh and vent-sesh. If you missed it this time around, no worries--he'll be back.

4. Chris Brown & 50 Cent

When: April 9th, 7:30pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

This concert has me reminiscing on the good 'ol days of middle school dances. Hopefully they'll perform a mix of throwbacks and current tracks! We can't forget songs like "With You" or "In Da Club."

5. "Wicked"

When: April 12-13th, various times
Where: Orpheum Theater

Wicked is a classic Broadway musical that everyone should see at least once in their lifetime. You'll smile, you'll laugh, and you'll cry. Then you'll want to see it all over again.

6. John Mayer

When: April 15th, 7:30pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

Featuring songs like, "Gravity," "Your Body's A Wonderland," "Free Fallin'," and "Waiting on the World to Change," this is a concert you don't want to miss. A dreamy voice, handsome face, and spectacular music are a package deal when you purchase a ticket to this event.

7. 21 Savage

When: April 19th, 8:00pm
Where: Myth Live Event Center

21 Savage is an up and coming rapper who made his first splash with hit, "No Heart." From Atlanta, Georgia, he's starting to make a name for himself around the country.

8. MayDay Parade

When: April 20th, 6:00pm
Where: First Avenue

American rock band, MayDay Parade, will be hitting the stage this spring at dozens of cities around the country. Thankfully, this quintet from Florida is making a stop in Minneapolis.

9. Def Leppard, Poison, & Tesla

When: April 21st, 7:00pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

Three incredible heavy metal/hard rock bands at the same event? This is a once in a lifetime show! It's definitely not something you want to "see next time they come around."

10. The xx

When: April 28th, 8:30pm
Where: Palace Theatre St. Paul

If you haven't heard of The xx, you should now. The xx is a London-based group who dropped their debut album in 2009. Listen to one of their top hits, "Angels" to get a taste of what they're all about.

11. The Real Housewives Live

When: April 29th, 8:00pm
Where: State Theatre

If you love TV drama and gossip, this is the show for you. The Bravo! show "The Real Housewives" are going to tour for an "uncensored and unapologetic" event.