11 Must-See Performances In The Twin Cities This April

11 Must-See Performances In The Twin Cities This April

The best musicians, reality stars, Broadway performers and comedians.
views

Spring has sprung and several artists, speakers, musicals, and other performers are making their way to the Twin Cities to entertain. Minneapolis and St. Paul have a tremendous amount of talent visiting this spring and there are dozens of events for you to attend this month. Here are some of the shows you definitely don't want to miss this April.

1. "Matilda" - The Musical

When: April 1-2, various times
Where: Orpheum Theatre

Hopefully you didn't miss it already, but if you haven't seen this movie from 1996, I highly recommend you do. The only thing I can imagine being better than the movie is a Broadway musical.

2. Green Day & Against Me!

When: April 1st, 7:30pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

Green Day and Against Me! were just recently in the Twin Cities. We all know Green Day for their infamous songs "21 Guns" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," but you may not know of Against Me! just yet. If you're a Green Day fan, I hope you made it to this one!

3. Lewis Black - The Rant, White, and Blue Tour

When: April 1st, 8:00pm
Where: Pantages Theatre Minneapolis

Lewis Black is a comedian and "ranter" who tours around the country going off about anything and everything that bothers him in today's society. This is a must-see event for anyone who wants a good laugh and vent-sesh. If you missed it this time around, no worries--he'll be back.

4. Chris Brown & 50 Cent

When: April 9th, 7:30pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

This concert has me reminiscing on the good 'ol days of middle school dances. Hopefully they'll perform a mix of throwbacks and current tracks! We can't forget songs like "With You" or "In Da Club."

5. "Wicked"

When: April 12-13th, various times
Where: Orpheum Theater

Wicked is a classic Broadway musical that everyone should see at least once in their lifetime. You'll smile, you'll laugh, and you'll cry. Then you'll want to see it all over again.

6. John Mayer

When: April 15th, 7:30pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

Featuring songs like, "Gravity," "Your Body's A Wonderland," "Free Fallin'," and "Waiting on the World to Change," this is a concert you don't want to miss. A dreamy voice, handsome face, and spectacular music are a package deal when you purchase a ticket to this event.

7. 21 Savage

When: April 19th, 8:00pm
Where: Myth Live Event Center

21 Savage is an up and coming rapper who made his first splash with hit, "No Heart." From Atlanta, Georgia, he's starting to make a name for himself around the country.

8. MayDay Parade

When: April 20th, 6:00pm
Where: First Avenue

American rock band, MayDay Parade, will be hitting the stage this spring at dozens of cities around the country. Thankfully, this quintet from Florida is making a stop in Minneapolis.

9. Def Leppard, Poison, & Tesla

When: April 21st, 7:00pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

Three incredible heavy metal/hard rock bands at the same event? This is a once in a lifetime show! It's definitely not something you want to "see next time they come around."

10. The xx

When: April 28th, 8:30pm
Where: Palace Theatre St. Paul

If you haven't heard of The xx, you should now. The xx is a London-based group who dropped their debut album in 2009. Listen to one of their top hits, "Angels" to get a taste of what they're all about.

11. The Real Housewives Live

When: April 29th, 8:00pm
Where: State Theatre

If you love TV drama and gossip, this is the show for you. The Bravo! show "The Real Housewives" are going to tour for an "uncensored and unapologetic" event.

Cover Image Credit: Pexels

Popular Right Now

50 Quotes from the Best Vines

If you're picturing the vines in your head, you're doing it right
views

In 2017 we had to say goodbye to one of the best websites to ever roam the internet: Vine. In case you have been living under a rock since 2013, Vine was -(sad face)- a website and app that took the internet and the app store by storm in Winter 2013. It contained 6-second videos that were mostly comedy- but there were other genres including music, sports, cool tricks and different trends. Vine stars would get together and plan out a vine and film it till they got it right.

It was owned by Twitter and it was shut down because of so many reasons; the viners were leaving and making money from Youtube, there was simply no money in it and Twitter wanted us to suffer.

There's been a ton of threads on Twitter of everyone's favorite vines so I thought I'd jump in and share some of my favorites. So without further ado, here are some quotes of vines that most vine fanatics would know.

1. "AHH...Stahhp. I coulda dropped mah croissant"

2. "Nate how are those chicken strips?" "F%#K YA CHICKEN STRIPS.....F%#K ya chicken strips!"

3. "Road work ahead? Uh Yea, I sure hope it does"

4. "Happy Crimus...." "It's crismun..." "Merry crisis" "Merry chrysler"

5. "...Hi Welcome to Chili's"

6. "HoW dO yOu kNoW wHaT's gOoD fOr mE?" "THAT'S MY OPINIONNN!!!.."

7."Welcome to Bible Study. We're all children of Jesus... Kumbaya my looordd"

8. Hi my name's Trey, I have a basketball game tomorrow. Well I'm a point guard, I got shoe game..."

9. "It's a avocadooo...thanks"

10. "Yo how much money do you have?" "69 cents" "AYE you know what that means?" "I don't have enough money for chicken nuggets"

11. "Hurricane Katrina? More like Hurricane Tortilla."

12. "Hey Tara you want some?" "This b*%th empty. YEET!"

13. "Get to Del Taco. They got a new thing called Freesha-- Free-- Freeshavaca do"

14. "Mothertrucker dude that hurt like a buttcheek on a stick"

15. "Two brooss chillin in a hot tub 5 feet apart cuz they're not gay"

16. "Jared can you read number 23 for the class?" "No I cannot.... What up I'm Jared, I'm 19 and I never f#@%in learned how to read."

17. "Not to be racist or anything but Asian people SSUUGHHH"

18. 18. "I wanna be a cowboy baby... I wanna be a cowboy baby"

19. "Hey, I'm lesbian" "I thought you were American"

20. "I spilled lipstick in your Valentino bag" "you spilled- whaghwhha- lipstick in my Valentino White bag?"

21. "What's better than this? Guys bein dudes"

22. "How'd you get these bumps? ya got eggzma?" "I got what?" "You got eggzma?"

23. "WHAT ARE THOSEEEEE?" "THEY are my crocs!"

24. "Can I get a waffle? Can I please get a waffle?"

25. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAVEN!" "I can't sweem"

26. "Say Coloradoo" "I'M A GIRAFFE!!"

27. "How much did you pay for that taco?" Aight yo you know this boys got his free tacoo"

28. *Birds chirping* "Tweekle Tweekle"

29. "Girl, you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal"

30. "I brought you Frankincense" "Thank you" "I brought you Myrrh" "Thank you" "Mur-dur" "huh...Judas..no"

31. "Sleep? I don't know about sleep...it's summertime" "You ain't go to bed?" "Oh she caught me"

32. "All I wanna tell you is school's not important... Be whatever you wanna be. If you wanna be a dog...RUFF. You know?"33. "Oh I like ya accent where you from?" "I'm Liberian" "Oh, my bad *whispering* I like your accent..."

34. "Next Please" "Hello" "Sir, this is a mug shot" "A mug shot? I don't even drink coffee"

35. "Hey did you happen to go to class last week?" "I have never missed a class"

36. "Go ahead and introduce yourselves" "My name is Michael with a B and I've been afraid of insects my entire-" "Stop, stop, stop. Where?" "Hmm?" "Where's the B?" "There's a bee?"

37. "There's only one thing worse than a rapist...Boom" "A child" "No"

38. "Later mom. What's up me and my boys are going to see Uncle Kracker...GIVE ME MY HAT BACK JORDAN! DO YOU WANNA SEE UNCLE KRACKER OR NO?

39. "Dad look, it's the good kush." This is the dollar store, how good can it be?"

40. "Zach stop...Zach stop...You're gonna get in trouble. Zach"

41. "CHRIS! Is that a weed? "No this is a crayon-" I'm calling the police" *puts 911 into microwave* "911 what's your emergency"

42. "WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? "

43. *Blowing vape on table* * cameraman blows it away* "ADAM"

44. "Would you like the spider in your hand?" "Yea" "Say please" "Please" *puts spider in hand* *screams*

45. "Oh hi, thanks for checking in I'm still a piece of garrbaagge"

46. *girl blows vape* "...WoW"

47. *running* "...Daddy?" "Do I look like-?"

48. *Pours water onto girl's face" "Hello?"

49. "Wait oh yes wait a minute Mr. Postman" "HaaaAHH"

50. "...And they were roommates" "Mah God they were roommates"

I could literally go on forever because I just reference vines on a daily basis. Rest in peace Vine

Cover Image Credit: Vine

Related Content

Connect with a generation
of new voices.

We are students, thinkers, influencers, and communities sharing our ideas with the world. Join our platform to create and discover content that actually matters to you.

Learn more Start Creating

'A Quiet Place' Packs On The Thrills But Not The Noise

This week I finally got around to watching 'A Quiet Place' although the environment in which I watched it impacted my experience of it.

views

I made my long journey back to America this week, which means I watched a good amount of in-flight entertainment. To start off my 8 hour flight I decided, upon my sister's suggestion, to FINALLY watch A Quiet Place and boy am I glad I did.

For starters, because I watched it on a flight, the audio wasn't the best to begin with. After 'tuning' my headphone jack just right, I was able to get 75% audio and only 25% static. Which for the film I was watching ended up working to my benefit.

A Quiet Place takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, taken over by monsters with supernatural hearing abilities. This means that our protagonists, a family of 5, must live life in silence if they want to survive. Although how the world came to be like this is never explained, that curiosity quickly goes away as the viewer quickly becomes fascinated by all the little adjustments they make to survive.

Lead by the patriarch of the family, played by John Krasinski who also directed the film, the family 'monster' proofs or in this case, 'sound' proofs their home. They have set paths covered in sand to reduced noise when walking, they eat on leaves instead of plates, and in case of a sound emergency, they have fireworks on standby in a nearby field.

The most terrifying/breath catching sequence of the film by far is when the matriarch, played by Emily Blunt, goes into labor with a monster looming and stalking her throughout the house. With the rest of her family out gathering food, she is left alone and must remain noiseless in order for her and her coming child to survive.

This sequence strongly demonstrates the strengths of this film, as throughout it, the audience feels the pressure to be quiet as well. Unlike other horror flicks which rely on jump scares, and decades old tropes. This film relies on the audiences involvement, even though it of course has no impact on the film. This is the perfect film to watch home alone at night if that is your thing as the intimate sounds the film do have get heightened from a more personally experience, which was not the case for me as every 15 minutes or so there was an announcement from a stewardess.

Because I had the experience of watching it on a plane, every sudden noise of stream of AC had me shiver in my seat. This to me proved that this film and its lack of noise narrative worked. After all, who isn't afraid of things that go bump in the night or in this case plane?

Related Content