11 Must-See Performances In The Twin Cities This April

11 Must-See Performances In The Twin Cities This April

The best musicians, reality stars, Broadway performers and comedians.
views

Spring has sprung and several artists, speakers, musicals, and other performers are making their way to the Twin Cities to entertain. Minneapolis and St. Paul have a tremendous amount of talent visiting this spring and there are dozens of events for you to attend this month. Here are some of the shows you definitely don't want to miss this April.

1. "Matilda" - The Musical

When: April 1-2, various times
Where: Orpheum Theatre

Hopefully you didn't miss it already, but if you haven't seen this movie from 1996, I highly recommend you do. The only thing I can imagine being better than the movie is a Broadway musical.

2. Green Day & Against Me!

When: April 1st, 7:30pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

Green Day and Against Me! were just recently in the Twin Cities. We all know Green Day for their infamous songs "21 Guns" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," but you may not know of Against Me! just yet. If you're a Green Day fan, I hope you made it to this one!

3. Lewis Black - The Rant, White, and Blue Tour

When: April 1st, 8:00pm
Where: Pantages Theatre Minneapolis

Lewis Black is a comedian and "ranter" who tours around the country going off about anything and everything that bothers him in today's society. This is a must-see event for anyone who wants a good laugh and vent-sesh. If you missed it this time around, no worries--he'll be back.

4. Chris Brown & 50 Cent

When: April 9th, 7:30pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

This concert has me reminiscing on the good 'ol days of middle school dances. Hopefully they'll perform a mix of throwbacks and current tracks! We can't forget songs like "With You" or "In Da Club."

5. "Wicked"

When: April 12-13th, various times
Where: Orpheum Theater

Wicked is a classic Broadway musical that everyone should see at least once in their lifetime. You'll smile, you'll laugh, and you'll cry. Then you'll want to see it all over again.

6. John Mayer

When: April 15th, 7:30pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

Featuring songs like, "Gravity," "Your Body's A Wonderland," "Free Fallin'," and "Waiting on the World to Change," this is a concert you don't want to miss. A dreamy voice, handsome face, and spectacular music are a package deal when you purchase a ticket to this event.

7. 21 Savage

When: April 19th, 8:00pm
Where: Myth Live Event Center

21 Savage is an up and coming rapper who made his first splash with hit, "No Heart." From Atlanta, Georgia, he's starting to make a name for himself around the country.

8. MayDay Parade

When: April 20th, 6:00pm
Where: First Avenue

American rock band, MayDay Parade, will be hitting the stage this spring at dozens of cities around the country. Thankfully, this quintet from Florida is making a stop in Minneapolis.

9. Def Leppard, Poison, & Tesla

When: April 21st, 7:00pm
Where: Xcel Energy Center

Three incredible heavy metal/hard rock bands at the same event? This is a once in a lifetime show! It's definitely not something you want to "see next time they come around."

10. The xx

When: April 28th, 8:30pm
Where: Palace Theatre St. Paul

If you haven't heard of The xx, you should now. The xx is a London-based group who dropped their debut album in 2009. Listen to one of their top hits, "Angels" to get a taste of what they're all about.

11. The Real Housewives Live

When: April 29th, 8:00pm
Where: State Theatre

If you love TV drama and gossip, this is the show for you. The Bravo! show "The Real Housewives" are going to tour for an "uncensored and unapologetic" event.

Cover Image Credit: Pexels

Popular Right Now

What Your Hogwarts House Says About You

Get yourself sorted and find out where you belong in the world of witchcraft and wizardry.
views

Sorting at Hogwarts is a big deal. Being sorted into a house is essentially being placed into a family while you are away from home learning about witchcraft and wizardry. Your house is made up of the people you will live with, go to classes with, play Quidditch with and everything in between. You basically spend 24/7 with them. Your Hogwarts house is your home away from home.

When you get sorted into a house, it is based on your personality traits. The people in your house are typically like-minded people who display the same characteristics as you.

When you’re a first year at Hogwarts, the minute you set foot in the castle you are swept into the Great Hall to have the ancient Sorting Hat placed on your head. This Sorting Hat decides which “family” you’ll be spending your seven years with.

For some, it is very obvious which house they will be in, due to certain personality traits they possess. For others, they may exemplify traits that fit a multitude of houses and are uncertain where they may end up.

To find out where you belong, you can take the official "Harry Potter" Sorting Hat quiz at Pottermore.com. For all you muggles out there, these are the characteristics that the houses possess and what your house says about you:

Gryffindor: The house of the brave, loyal, courageous, adventurous, daring and chivalrous. Those who stand up for others are typically Gryffindors. Brave-hearted is the most well-known Gryffindor characteristic, and Gryffindors are also known for having a lot of nerve.

Gryffindors are people who hold a multitude of qualities alongside the ones listed, making them a very well-rounded house. People who are Gryffindors are often people who could fit nicely into another house but choose to tell the sorting hat they want Gryffindor (there's that bravery). "Do what is right" is the motto Gryffindors go by.

Being a Gryffindor means that you're probably the adventurous and courageous friend, and you are usually known for doing what is right.

Ravenclaw: The house is known for their wisdom, intelligence, creativity, cleverness and knowledge. Those who value brains over brawn can be found here. Ravenclaws often tend to be quite quirky as well. "Do what is wise" is the motto they strive to follow.

Though Ravenclaws can be know-it-alls sometimes, they most likely do know what the wisest decision is.

If you are known for being the quirky friend, the smartest in the group or just great at making wise decisions, you're definitely a Ravenclaw.

Hufflepuff: This house values hard work, dedication, fair play, patience, and loyalty. Hufflepuff’s are known for being just and true. "Do what is nice" is their motto.

Hufflepuff is known as the “nice house” and believes strongly in sparing peoples feelings and being kind. This is not to say that Hufflepuffs aren't smart or courageous. Hufflepuffs just enjoy making others happy and tend to be more patient towards people.

If you ever find that you are too nice for your own good and cannot bear to hurt someone’s feelings, congratulations, you are a Hufflepuff.

Slytherin: This is the house of the cunning, prideful, resourceful, ambitious, intelligent, and determined. Slytherin's love to be in charge and crave leadership. "Do what is necessary" is the motto of this house.

Slytherin is a fairly well-rounded house, similar to the other houses. They are loyal to those that are loyal to them just as Gryffindors are and are intelligent as Ravenclaws.

Slytherin house as a whole is not evil, despite how many dark wizards come out of this house. That is merely based on the choices of those wizards (so if your friend is a Slytherin, don’t judge, it doesn’t mean they are mean people). Slytherins do, however, have a tendency to be arrogant or prideful. This is most likely due to the fact that everyone in Slytherin is exceedingly proud to be there.

What Hogwarts house you’re in says a lot about the person you are, the traits you possess and how you may act in some situations. But in the end, your house is really just your home that is always there for you. Always.

Cover Image Credit: Warner Bros Pictures

Related Content

Connect with a generation
of new voices.

We are students, thinkers, influencers, and communities sharing our ideas with the world. Join our platform to create and discover content that actually matters to you.

Learn more Start Creating

6 Things I Never Miss To Have In My Handbag

My handbag is a 'mini me' and I feel totally clueless without it

views

I take my handbag everywhere and carried everything at times even junk, worn out receipts, tickets, coupons for a long time. Thought it would be the right time to come to terms with it. I have started organizing or should I say customize my shoulder companion with things that are needed every day for me so that I could share it with you peeps. I really like my handbag that I became a sucker for naming it and you can see it why.

My Nutcracker Case

It might seem different but that is how I like to call my cute little box with nuts. I fill them up with almonds, pistachios, cashews, walnut and dried fruits and sorts if I go out. My nutcracker case helps me with my hunger pangs and snacking habit. I can munch them on when I have to skip my eating during my studies or if I have some work or travel. It is just a simple healthy alternative I do instead of grabbing fries or burgers. I've been taking healthy choices lately and this idea is helping me a lot. Try it!

My Perfume

I literally cannot survive without my perfume. It keeps me going and it really helps me on the go. My perfume is like a part of me so I am very choosy about it. So that said, I always keep my perfume in my handbag. How do I choose my perfume? My nose has a sharp sensitivity over the fragrances. So it says, what is the best perfume for women.

My Tech Space

I use to put up a fight every time with my handbag in the name of searching for my charger and headphones. So I gave it a thought. My favorite clear pouch came to the rescue and I gave it a name, my Tech Space. I carry my two headphones, my power bank, pen drives, travel phone charger, memory cards, and USB connector within the Tech space!

Money Banks

Well you would have figured it out by now. Yes, it's my wallet . Something I would never miss to have. I do have a separate small coin pouch. I am not a big wallet person so I always prefer a small comfortable wallet with many racks where I put my cards and ready-cash. I don't just put my wallet in my bag; I specifically have them in a zipped compartment. Once I had a bad experience when I left my wallet in the room due to 'bag cleaning'. So from then on, I started to put my wallet in a separate zipped compartment, so that it remains safe even when I occasionally take out the bag.

My Journal

I am still an old school. I will better remember the details when I manually write it down. My journal is also my 'To-Do list' so I pretty much use it for everything. I carry a fountain pen with me which I use, so pretty much I am a very old school indeed.

Vanity

I stash all my skin essentials in this pouch. I will have a small bottle of my daily-facewash, a pack of facial tissues, my moisturizer, a concealer, small mirror and a light lip shade, overall a quick makeup fix. I have a side compartment in my vanity pouch where I keep my sanitary needs. I need my lip balm very often, so I usually put it the bag so every time I don't have to open the pouch.

When you ask me, my bag is more like a non-talking companion who literally has a small version of my room in it. What about yours?

Related Content