11 Things People Who Live In A Tourist Town Are Frustrated By

"Our small coffee shops are ours and we like it that way."

45
Eirena Ewert

Do you live in a small town? Do the tourists make you frustrated? If you don't live in a small town, here are some things to consider when you do visit a small, tourist-y town!

1. When you're driving around town, EVERYBODY cuts you off.

It doesn't matter if you're a good driver. You're going to get cut off at least three times during the fifteen minutes that you spend in town.

2. Turn lanes are few and far between - literally.

The suicide lane is the only turning lane, and it's absolutely terrifying to use.

3. You can't ever get a decent picture in a tourist destination.

What makes me really ticked is when I'm holding a camera, eyeing a group of people taking a picture, as if I'm next in line to take a picture in that spot, and someone comes out of nowhere and takes the spot.

4. The stores are always packed full of people.

When a tour bus pulls into the parking lot, you know it's time to run and get everything you need before they step foot in the store.

5. You go to the restroom before you go into town.

You know that there's absolutely no chance of getting into a restroom and out of it in a timely manner.

6. We need food, too!

We don't have time for any of their shenanigans. The drive thru is usually our best option.

7. Our small coffee shops are ours and we like it that way.

Now that I've posted this picture in my article, I hope everyone doesn't flock to my favorite before-work hang out...

8. They have no clue where our schools are and that keeps everyone safe.

They might see a school bus, but that doesn't mean that they know where the school is. It's better that way.

9. When you come home from college, most of the people who you went to high school with work at the grocery store or a fast food restaurant.

Conversation is usually really painfully awkward. "Oh...um...hi! Yeah, I go to school six hours away from home and I'm on the Dean's List...What have you been up to in the past two years?"

10. Fire danger is high and everyone who's dragging a trailer doesn't understand that.

Our firefighters work hard to control all the silly stunts the tourists pull. Of course we retaliate by making cookies for them. Even though we don't like the danger that fire brings we don't mind the men coming out of hiding every now and then.

11. It's pronounced "Yo-seh-meh-tea", not "Yo-seh-might".

Yes, we know how to pronounce it. Yes, it says "Yosemite Unified School District" on the school bus. Yes, we are on a field trip to admire the place that is just an hour from our school. Sure, you can take a picture inside our school bus. You just need to understand that we are throughouly confused by your actions.