11 Of The Worst Oscar Snubs

11 Of The Worst Oscar Snubs

Sit down, "La La Land"

157
11 Of The Worst Oscar Snubs
Eonline

Listen up, "The Academy." Matilda was cheated out of many Oscars (and nominations) almost nineteen years ago to the day, which is still very upsetting. It is rated six percent higher on Rotten Tomatoes than the 1997 Best Picture winner, The English Patient. Explain that. In the meantime, here's the thing. I, and everyone that you did wrong almost two decades ago, will forgive you for your massive mistake if you quit snubbing Matilda. I know that you don't consider movies years after their release, but since you made a miracle happen last year for Leo, you can make this happen. If you do this, we can wait to discuss all of the other questionable decisions you've previously made another time (you know what I'm talking about).

1. "Matilda" for Best Picture

This movie is beyond compare. It is great for all ages. It transcends time and space. It is about a little girl, Matilda, who was born into a horrible, neglectful, abusive family. She loves to read and does it at a very high level at a very young age. Through her tumultuous time with her family, she realizes that she has powers. At first, they only come out when she's super angry and can't control them, but later after meeting her beautifully wonderful school teacher Miss. Honey, who helps Matilda through many hardships - and vice versa - and later adopts her, she begins to be able to use them as she wishes no matter how she's feeling. This movie has a fantastic plot with intriguing, multi-dimensional characters who pull you in immediately, and it has the most heartwarming ending that anyone could ask for. It really leaves nothing to be desired.

2. Danny Devito for Best Director

Danny Devito was the director of this movie (and One Direction's Steal My Girl Video, but we won't go there). He deserves this award because he's... Danny Devito.

3. Danny Devito for Best Actor In a Supporting Role

This movie has double the Devito in it. He stars in it AND does the voice over in it.

4. Mara Wilson for Best Actress In a Leading Role

Mara Wilson did a fantastic job portraying the cute, intelligent, sassy, and all around wholesome character who is the bookworm(wood), Matilda.

5. Embeth Davidtz for Best Actress in a Supporting Role

Let's admit it, Miss. Honey is the whole package. She is smart, great with kids, comes from money, has a cute fashion sense, is loving, and is honestly pretty hot (more like Miss. Huney, am I right), and Embeth Davidtz did an astounding job of playing her.

6. "Matilda" for Best Costume Design

Every character's outfit, throughout the movie, fits their personalities perfectly. Trenchbull's were ugly and stuffy. Miss. Honey's were subdued yet still very beautiful and unique. Zinnia's (the mom) were very flashy and hectic. Plus, there are so many cute pairs of overalls. Automatic win.

7. "Matilda" for Best Makeup and Hairstyling

This is usually the face I have when I see people with straight across bangs, in real life or in movies, but I think that they were perfect for Matilda. She pulled them off perfectly, especially with her signature ribbon tied into a top bow. Everybody else's hair fit their personalities once again, and when heavy makeup was used, it was used on the right characters (Zinnia).

8. "Matilda" for Best Sound Editing/Sound Mixing

Matilda has a bomb ass soundtrack. I didn't know which category soundtracks would go under, so I put both. Regardless, it needs to win something for those catchy beats.

9. "Matilda" for Best Visual Effects

Matilda can make things levitate into midair, fly around the room, and stop on a dime, and the visual effects that really made this happen (sorry, kids) did not make you question it for a second.

10. "Matilda" for Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay)

Matilda was based on of a book of the same name, written by Roald Dahl in 1988, and from reviews, I've read, the movie captures the plot of the book pretty well.

11. "Matilda" for Best Movie Ever, Even Though There Was No Dog In It

Even sans dogs, this movie makes you laugh, cry, and smile until your face hurts, and it deserved to win every single Oscar listed above (and any other ones out there).

Watch out, The Academy, Matilda is coming for you if she is snubbed yet again.