11 Netflix Horror Movies You NEED To Watch Tonight

Netflix is filled with terrible horror flix, here are a few good ones for your next horror weekend.

155
Doom Generation

I always find myself wanting to curl up to my pet, boyfriend, or friends and watch a good horror movie. The only problem is. . . Finding one! Netflix is filled with horror content. A lot of it is cheesy, pointless, and poorly made. I made it my quest to search, and find, the best horror movies on Netflix. Look no further. Here are 11 horror movies for your gore filled, creepy, violent, pleasure.

1. "Gerald's Game" 2017.

A twisted, sex-filled thriller, "Gerald's Game" is based off the famous book by Stephen King. Bruce Greenwood, (best known for "StarTrek and IRobot"), and Carla Gugino (best known for "SinCity" and "Watchmen") star together in a tale that will leave you speechless. Needing some time alone, they travel to a remote house on a lake. When trying to spice up their marriage, her husband suddenly dies, leaving her handcuffed to the bedframe. Will she survive? And what's lurking over there in the corner?

2. "Changling" 2008.

Angelina Jolie stars in a fantastic true story. While on the job as the head of the switchboard opporators, her son, dissapears. The story takes her on a wild tale to find her son only to be found in Illinois. However, the boy is not her son who went missing. Angelina as Christine Collins must fight with the police to find her REAL son and uncover a horrible truth along the way. A true story with a truely cruel ending..

3. "Creep" 2014.

A man named, Aaron, answers an ad to make a movie for a man's unborn child. This leads him to a remote not so settling house in the woods. As he's filming his client, he finds out there is more to this job than Aaron could ever imagine. A film maker learns that he must always stay out of the woods.

4. "Ritual" 2017.

A Netflix release, "Ritual," is a cult movie that takes you deep into the woods to discover what you are afraid of. After the shooting of a bestfriend, the other four bestfriends head out into the woods to take a very much needed vacation. They take a wrong turn and end up running into ancient evil that stalks them at every turn.

5. "Dream House" 2011.

Daniel Craig (best known for "James Bond"), stars in this thriller about a small town family looking to relocate. Upon moving in, the family learns that the previous family, two daughters, and wife, had been murdered in the house. The neighbor helps them realize that, the killer, the husband, may still be lurking around the town. This movie will have you asking questions and testing theories all of the way to the end.

6. "The Awakening" 2011.

Rebecca Hall, (best known for "The Town", and "The Prestige"), stars in this 1920's English thriller. She travels to an all boys boarding school, after reports of a ghoustly entity. Feeling suspicious of these accounts, she starts to investigate the school. But, little boys keep going missing. Is this really a haunting? Or some kind of sick joke?

7. "Would You Rather" 2013.

Brittany Snow, (best known for "John Tucker Must Die"), stars in a psychological thriller that will have you cringing all of the way through. In the wake of her brother's fight with cancer, she receives a call from a man who claims he can help her with his treatment. She is invited to a dinner party, where she meets other players, competing for a monetary donation. The dinner party takes a twist, when they all must participate in a life threatening/altering game that no one sees coming.

8. "It Follows" 2014.

Two teenagers decide to have sex for the first time. During which, Jay's boyfriend, Hugh dies during the experience. She then is started to be followed by a ominous figure that won't leave her alone. The haunting is transmitted to each person by sexual intercourse and then death. Her friends are skeptical, but attempt to help Jay solve this mystery and escape a fatal ending.

9. "The Brother's Grimm" 2005.

Matt Damon and Heath Ledger star in this creepy story mimicing fairy tales. The two brothers who convince people that they are exorcits, save surrounding towns from evil. They are called on to investigate the dissapearance of 10 girls from a French village. When they get there, they experience real magic and realize this might not be the hoax they thought it was.

10. "Silent Hill" 2006.

An adaptation from a video game series, "Silent Hill" takes you to a creepy town on a not so traveled down path. Rose's dying daughter takes off into the woods after a car accident. When following to find her daughter, she discovers a town called Silent Hill, that is shaky on the concept of reality and sealed with ever lasting darkness.

11. "Stoneheart Asylum" 2014.

A psychological thriller with an award winning cast, "Stonhearst Asylum", is a look into the workings of a mental hospital. This movie is adapted from "The System of Doctor Tarr, and Professor Fether," by famous poet Edgar Alan Poe. An employee new on the job, observes the techniques of a mental hospital only to realize they are inhumane and sinister.