11 Moments Every Fitbit Addict Experiences

How did we live so long without these?

25
Fitbit

Honestly, the first day that I got my Fitbit was one of the best days of my life. I couldn’t wait to open it up, program it, and start tracking my steps. Since then, Audrey (yes, I named my Fitbit) and I have bonded. We’ve walked many a mile, and here are eleven moments that we’ve shared together, and I know other Fitbit addicts have experienced, too.

1. You have that initial moment when you realize just how amazing your Fitbit is and how much it can do.

You track my steps, my sleep, the times that I’m restless, my heart rate, my active minutes and my calories burned? I love you.

2. Oh, and then there's that moment when you're struggling to reach that 10K step goal.

Almost... there... so... many... steps... The desperation is real.

3. We all know the horror of leaving your Fitbit at home or it dying on you during the day.

RIP all of those steps that were never tracked. RIP goals. RIP badge that I'm sure I would have gotten.

4. How about that moment when you're actively tracking your steps and watching the tracker at that time?

You want to see that step count increase quicker so you start walking faster and end up running. The faster I go, the closer I am to my goal, right?

5. A special shout out to all of those people that cheer me on through the Fitbit app.

Bless you. You're the real MVP. You have no idea how much I needed your encouragement that you sent by tapping that one button.

6. Think of all of the friendships that have been strengthened because of your mutual Fitbit addiction.

You have a Fitbit? Add me as a friend so that I can keep up with how many steps that you take and cheer you on in your pursuit of a healthier life.

7. We all know the feeling of that glorious moment when you get a new badge!

That was one of your biggest accomplishments this week! Go reward yourself. You deserve it!

8. There's that moment when you know that you didn't get enough sleep and your Fitbit sleep tracker just reminds you of how bad your sleeping habits are.

I love you, but do you have to remind me of my flaws?

9. Remember that time when your first Fitbit alarm scared you half to death?

It scares you when you forget about it, but thank you to the person that created a silent alarm.

10. We've all had that moment when we've tried to so hard to reach our step goal.

Admit it, you've ended up like this before:

11. At the end of the day, you and your Fitbit have been through a lot together and you two are inseparable.

...except for the time when you go to take a shower.

P.S. I love you, Audrey. Thanks for always stickin' by my side and pushing me to be a better, healthier person.