I'm a die-hard makeup addict. It's bad. Ulta and Sephora have collected almost all of my paychecks, and my family is convinced I need an intervention. Kidding, but my love for makeup is real. As a makeup lover, here are a few things we all know to be true.
10. Why would I ever waste my makeup for the sake of a boy? I do my makeup for myself.
Popular Right Now
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning. You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret. So here are 20 tattoos where you can't go wrong. Here are 20 small tattoos with big meanings. (But don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!).
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki” means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris” means “light in darkness.”
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora” is translated literally as “Towards greater things.” It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyphs means “explore.” It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower’s first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
Being natural is a beautiful thing, but everyday is not peaches and cream. I struggle with learning new styles and techniques. I struggle with washing it and so much more. Here are my top 10 struggles, I know you can relate to.
1. Trying to put it in a ponytail
We have days, we just want to get up and go, but we realize we have hair, that we HAVE to maintain. Using all the gel to slick back your hair, will probably happen. Than you think to yourself that it look like you don't have hair, because it won't go back like the tutorials say on Instagram. You have hair not going in the hair tie, the hair tie pops, and now you have to dig around your supplies to get another one. After all this struggle, you decide that your hair is not going to go in a slick back ponytail. You now have to schedule a day to wash your hair, 2 times.
For the longest, I thought my hair was dead, because hair would just fall out when I was combing or styling it. I soon realize that I was not the only one. People with natural hair, will have breakage because our is hair not getting the nourishment it needs. Breakage sucks, but you just have to try products and keep track of it, because that product that makes your hair happy, will be your go to.
People detangled their hair in the way they know, but either way, it is going to hurt. I have to wet my hair and add in conditioner, so the wide tooth comb can go through smoothly (hopefully). I also heard coconut oil helps, but I have not detangled my hair in a week, so I have yet to try it. For me, it hurts in the back and sides, because these are the places that I sleep on. Truthfully, it hurts all over. Half way through this work I have to take some Ibuprofen.
4. Moisturizing and styling at night
This is the part a lot of us dread. We want our hair to be healthy and look the bomb.com in the mornings, but this process, takes so long. Sitting on the floor with a towel underneath, so the hair has a place to fall, while you comb and spray, over and over again. Sometimes you makes parts, but if its pass midnight, you just grab some hair and braid it. You have to twist the ends so your hair won't unravel. After all that, you wrap it in a scarf and put on your bonnet. You than get some good night sleep at 4 in the morning.
You have this nice style where it shows the definition of each of curl. You are praying that your hair would just stay like this until you get to your destination. Your hair has other plans though and decides to shrink up, not a little bit but a lot. To the point where it look like you have a mini fro. When you get to your spot, everyone asking "Did you cut your hair" or "OMG what happen to your hair?". Shrinkage happen!!
6. "You should straighten your hair"
Trust me, I want to have inches. I want to do a cute bun, but I CAN NOT, okay?!! Number one, it takes forever to straighten this hair ; I have to make an appointment with myself. The only day I can straighten my hair are on Saturdays, because I can get up around 10, wash, condition, detangle, and blow dry my hair. At 11:30-12 I can now straighten my hair. Within 2 hours my ends are getting frizzy, now I am going back over with the flat iron. The next day I walk outside and poof, my hair is now frizzy! No body got time for that. Secondly, heat is bad for my hair, because I can potentially lose my pattern. I only do this on special occasions, like my birthday or to check my length.
7. Wash day
We can not wash our hair whenever we feel like it, we have to sit down and plan it. We natural girls have to decide if we want to do it the shower or the sink, what shampoo and conditioner we want to use, and if want to do hot oil treatment. After that, we will have to detangle the hair and that takes about 30 minutes, because of the pain of out scalp and our arms.
Girls who have 4c hair, don't necessarily get jealous, but sometimes wish their hair were like Jasmine Brown's. I think my type of hair is more difficult to deal with, because it gets dry so quickly and I feel like I have to keep putting creams and oils in it, to make it the ideal "Curl Pattern" I desire. We try to do all the trendy hair styles, but sometimes, it does not turn out perfect. You know what, that's okay, our 4c hair is beautiful and strong. Show the world what they missing out on ladies!! #Rockyourcurls
9. People touching without permission
It is nothing wrong with people loving what they see. It is wrong when they assume they are allowed to touch your hair and than have the audacity to ask "Oh can I touch your hair?". Personally I don't mind if some people ask, but when they just feel all on it, that is when the other side of me, come out. I don't mean for it to, but when I spend 30-45 minutes on my hair, I will love for it to stay! Especially if it look mad cute. You remember what the old folks be saying "Look but don't touch", same goes with my hair! Thank you.
10. Always have to fluff it back out
You don't know that your hair is against your head, until someone says something. This is the worst when you lay back in your seat and you have an interview, presentation, or in line. Some people think its apart of your hairstyle, but its not. We just don't think about fixing up our hair when we get out the car. Your hair already don't corporate with you and now its embarrassing you. Oh no, Ladies make sure wherever you are, to fluff out your hair.
The struggle is real for a natural Black teen, but I am learning how to tame this mane the right way, through the struggles and all. I recently came across this website "4chairchick" that is helping me out, and I am loving my natural hair each and every day.