I'm a die-hard makeup addict. It's bad. Ulta and Sephora have collected almost all of my paychecks, and my family is convinced I need an intervention. Kidding, but my love for makeup is real. As a makeup lover, here are a few things we all know to be true.
10. Why would I ever waste my makeup for the sake of a boy? I do my makeup for myself.
It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning.
You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret.
So here are 20 tattoos you can't go wrong with. Each tattoo has its own unique meaning, but don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!
SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"
1. A semi-colon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.
2. "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."
3. Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.
4. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."
5. Viking symbol meaning "create your own reality."
6.Greek symbol of Inguz: where there's a will, there's a way.
7. Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."
8. 'Ohm' tattoo that represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya)
9. Alchemy: symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty and artistic creativity.
10. The Greek word “Meraki" means to do something with soul, passion, love and creativity or to put yourself in to whatever you do.
11. Malin (Skövde, Sweden) – you have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.
12. Symbol meaning "thief" from the Hobbit. It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.
13. “Lux in tenebris" means “light in darkness."
14. Anchor Tattoo: symbolizing strength & stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.
15."Ad Maiora" is translated literally as “Towards greater things." It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.
16. A glyphs means “explore." It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.
17. "Aut inveniam viam aut faciam," meaning roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."
18. Lotus Flower. It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower's first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.
19. The zen (or ensō) circle to me represents enlightenment, the universe & the strength we all have inside of us.
20. Two meanings. The moon affirms life. It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can reminds us of the inconsistency of life. It is also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.
I am so tired of people saying how water doesn't do anything, how it's just a cliche, how it's overrated, PLEASE STOP. Here are some things I've found out from InStyle and also somethings that I knew from prior knowledge.
1. Feed your hair.Giphy
Water helps your hair in many different ways. Water helps hydrate hair which is always needed, it also helps with reducing the amount of breakage our hair can sometimes have.
2. Shine bright just like a diamond!Giphy
Drinking water can help bring a natural glow to your face and can also reduce dark marks, and dark circles.
3. Beautiful nails are what we all want.Giphy
Drinking water can always help with growing your nails but also gives them a little extra strength. So if you are like me and have really thin nails, try drinking lots of water and you may see results.
4. Water can be very delicious.Giphy
This isn't a beauty but just a tip, try to add fruit to your water, so if you aren't a huge water drinker, adding fruit to water may help you drink more. I know for me I love adding lemon to my water all the time. It is so good and also so refreshing.
5. Want your tummy gone?Giphy
Water also helps burn tummy fat and also flushes away all the bad toxins in our body. To add to the fruit in water tip, adding lemon in water also helps burn fat as well. You can also add apple cider vinegar and lemon to your water for an all natural fat burner.
6. Beautiful mornings create hydrated days!Giphy
Something that I have learned is, it is important to get into the habit of drinking water as soon as you wake up. Drinking water right when you get up helps start your day off fresh and wakes your brain and body up. If you get in the habit of drinking water right when you wake up, you will notice how easy it is to drink water throughout the day.
7. It ok, we all mess up.Giphy
Sometimes us humans are so busy that we forget to take care of our bodies and forget to hydrate. Always think about your body as a plant. A plant can't grow without water, just like our bodies. So remember you need at least doesn't glass of water in a day. I know that can be hard, but at least try.
8. Acne has nothing on water.Giphy
So, here is something that confuses many people, and sometimes even confuses me. From what I have read, water can help reduce acne and breakouts. Since water flushes away toxins, that always mean flushing away all the bad stuff that can contribute to acne and breakouts.
Now it is important to remember to stay away from surgery drinks like pop or juice because that does nothing but contribute to acne.
9. Cold water can give great results!Giphy
I know for a fact that using cold water on your face and skin has lots of benefits. Cold water can help close pores, which can limit breakouts and acne. I know this one has nothing to do with drinking water, but it is still a helpful tip to know.
10. Remember how good water makes you feel!Giphy
Water makes you feel good, it helps you keep up with a healthy lifestyle, and just makes you feel refreshed. Water is the number one beauty hack. When you drink water, the rest just comes along.
You see, water actually does have lots of benefits, once you get in a habit of drinking lots of water, it becomes easy. Sure you'll have to use the restroom a lot, but just think about how much your body will thank you later.