Any fan of "Gilmore Girls" knows it's not just a show ("it's a lifestyle. It's a religion"). Besides the fast-paced, witty script and lovable characters, I've appreciated watching Lorelai and Rory's shenanigans because I watched it with my mom. It's our thing. We watched every season over the course of a year (the craziest year of my life I might add, due to reasons that deserve no further mentioning here). Now living in the dorms, it's comforting to re-watch the episodes and remember sitting in my living room with my mom, laughing, crying, and sometimes falling asleep during our favorite show. It seems only fitting that the Gilmore Girls revival will be up on Netflix the same week that I get to come back home for Thanksgiving. So in honor of my relationship with my mom and the comeback of the Gilmores, here are a few things that all girls know to be true when they have a Lorelai-Rory type of relationship with their mothers:
1. You've often heard the phrase, "What? You told your mom?!"
Duh. Of course I did.
2. Furthermore, there's no such thing as TMI when it comes to you two.
Yes, boys, she knows everything.
3. Life just gets depressing when you guys don't talk.
4. Which makes it even harder to stay mad at each other.
5. She's one of the only people who can get on your level of weirdness.
6. You sometimes forget that it's considered embarrassing to be best friends with your mom.
7. You tell each other really random details about your day.
8. You may not agree on which of Rory's boyfriends was the best, but you'll still tell her about all of your situationships.
But for the record... #TeamLogan