Some trends come and go— think bomber jackets, overalls, and bangle bracelets. Fashion begins to feel... cyclical, repetitive, passé. But what about the trends that have never fully arrived, or only lived once? That's tragic. It's 2016, people. Let us be generous with our trends now. Here are 11 ideas that you could totally make popular if you know the right eccentric people.

1. Crocs

These beauteous shoes are not only extremely stylish, they provide comfort and a level of thrill to your outfit.

2. Ponchos

They give your arms mobility, while also giving yourself the illusion that you’re a cloak-wearing wizard.

3. Capris with patterns at the bottom

The sauciness of patterns and colors with the casualness of denim.

4. Wearing ties around your head

I don’t think this was ever a true style, but I like the idea of it.

5. Tiaras

Why not add a dash of royalty to your everyday look?

6. Converse pants

Pants + Shoes = Fashionable and Strange

7. The types of hats that people wear on St. Patrick’s Day

Instead of just once a year, I think these hats would be better if integrated into everyday life.

8. Earmuffs

I think that these could be comfortable, even when it’s not cold outside. Plus, they could block out the sound of people who you don’t want to talk to.

9. Fingerless gloves

I had a pair of polka-dotted ones in seventh grade that might still be in my closet.

10. Wearing multiple polos over each other

This infamous fashion trend from the eighties and nineties could easily be incorporated into outfits and provide warmth during the cold season.

11. Leopard leg warmers

A spicy addition to any outfit!