11 Emotions You've Experienced But Never Heard Of

Words for the feelings besides happy and sad.

1128
Tumblr

Ever wondered if we have found words for the emotions we can't place as happy or sad? If there is a term to call the déjà vu you had the other day? What each of us have experienced on the daily but have no words for?

I bet one of these unique feelings is something you've experienced before in your lifetime, even if you've never heard of any of them. Here are 11 unique feelings you can relate to.

1. Sonder:

--the realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and elaborate as yours.

2. Enouement:

--the bitterness of having arrived in the future, seeing how things turned out, and not being able to tell your past self.

3. Monachopsis:

--the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place.

4. Jouska:

--a hypothetical conversation with someone compulsively played out in your head, although they never go the way seen.

5. Liberosis:

--the desire to care less about whatever is stressing you.

6. Occhiolism:

--the awareness of the smallness of your life in perspective of the universe.

7. Altschmerz:

--weariness of perceived flaws or fears throughout your life.

8. Aporia:

--the aftermath of realizing something you once believed in is not true.

9. Enthrallment:

--a subset of joy, but in the sense of the feeling of witnessing an incredible spectacle, such as a movie, or concert.

10. Dysphoria:

--the opposite of euphoria, the feeling of sadness that includes restlessness, emptiness, or a lack of energy.

11. Kenopsia:

--the eerie feeling from seeing a place usually bustling with people now abandoned and quiet.