11 Cruelty Free and Vegan Beauty Care Products

Part 3 of the Toolkit to Be An Ethical Consumer

187
rethinkcanada.com

1. Colourpop

Colourpop prides itself on being wallet-friendly and animal-approved. They are dedicated to creating the best products possible in every shade possible to help their customers keep up with their ever-changing interests and experimentations.

Products: Makeup
Price Range: $
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Yes
Cruelty Free: Yes
Vegan: Mostly, click here and scroll to see a full list of their vegan products.

Follow them @colourpopco on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.

2. Hourglass

Hourglass Cosmetics is committed to providing luxury products at the intersection of science, beauty, and luxury. They put “art in state-of-the-art” by using the most groundbreaking ingredients they can find to create the best product possible.

Products: Makeup
Price Range: $$$
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Yes
Cruelty Free: Yes
Vegan: Mostly, is denoted on packaging

Follow them @hourglasscosmetics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.

3. Josie Maran

Josie Maran Cosmetics saw the need for cosmetics to combine luxury and a conscience, so she made her own brand, combining beauty, fun, high quality, organic, effective, and good for the earth ingredients. They use fair trade products, including Argan Oil, use eco-friendly packaging, and partner with earth-loving and woman-empowering organizations to do so.

Products: Makeup
Price Range: $$
Fair Trade: Yes
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Yes
Cruelty Free: Yes
Vegan: Yes

Follow them @josiemarancosmetics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.

4. Too Faced

Too Faced believes that beauty and confidence is power and vows to bring this power back to femininity in the beauty industry. They promise their visionary focus, rebellious spirit, and humor will define their brand to make the best possible products for their customers.

Products: Makeup
Price Range: $$
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Not certified
Cruelty Free: Yes
Vegan: Mostly, click here and scroll for a list of their vegan products.

Follow them @toofaced on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.

5. e. l. f.

e.l.f. believes that beauty comes from within, and they offer luxurious cosmetics to help capture beautiful skin with quality ingredients. They aim to empower women without sacrificing budget.

Products: Makeup and Brushes
Price Range: $
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Not certified
Cruelty Free: Yes
Vegan: Some products

Follow them @elfcosmetics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google+.

6. Wet n Wild

Wet n Wild prides itself on having a product for everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, skin color, and economic status. They have been named the #1 value brand in America and teach people to use their products through online tutorials.

Products: Makeup and Nail Polish
Price Range: $
Eco-Friendly: Not certified
Sustainably Produced: Not certified
Cruelty Free: Yes
Vegan: Most products, and striving to make the rest vegan. Click here for a full list.

Follow them @wetnwildcosmetics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.

7. LUSH

LUSH provides handmade products and is striving to allow consumers the opportunity for ethical buying and happy product use.

Products: Makeup and Skincare
Price Range: $$
Fair Trade: Yes
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Yes
Cruelty Free: Yes
Vegan: Not all vegan, but all vegetarian.

Follow them @lushcosmetics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, Google+, and Forum.

8. Dollar Shave Club

Dollar Shave Club creates plans for their customers that are flexible and affordable, providing some of the best razors at a fraction of the cost.

Products: Shaving Supplies
Price Range: $
Fair Trade: Yes
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Not certified
Cruelty Free: Not certified, but have no parent brand.
Vegan: Not certified

Follow them @dollarshaveclub on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Google+.

9. Alba Botanica

Alba Botanica offers skin and beauty products that are hypoallergenic, gentle, vegetarian, and not tested on animals.

Products: Haircare and Skincare
Price Range: $-$$
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Not certified
Cruelty Free: Yes

Follow them @albabotanica on Facebook.

10. ILNP

ILNP is a nail boutique company which strives to produce the highest quality, most ethical products possible.

Products: Nail Polish
Price Range: $
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Not certified
Cruelty Free: Yes
Vegan: Not fully, but strive to be.

Follow them @ilnpbrand on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube.

11. Eco Tools

Eco Tools works to create the best products for a beautiful world. They pioneered a new type beauty product and continue to provide authentic, natural products to their customers at affordable prices.

Products: Recycled Bamboo and Synthetic Brushes
Price Range: $
Eco-Friendly: Yes
Sustainably Produced: Recycled Materials
Cruelty Free: Yes
Vegan: Yes

Follow them @ecotools on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Snapchat.