11 Concerts In New Orleans To Look Out For This December

A music lover's guide to this month's shows in NOLA.

16
from soulsinaction.com

Move over Santa—you've got some competition this season! Here's the list of artists performing in New Orleans in December.

1. The Main Squeeze, December 2, Tipitina's.

You're going to want to call the doctor after this show... doctor funk, that is! Get your tickets here to see these soulful guys get down all night.

2. Baauer, December 2, Republic.

Click here to come see the brains behind the hit song "Harlem Shake" and trap out all night.

3. Jai Wolf, December 3, Republic.

This electronic yet chill sound is selling out for a reason. GA tickets are already sold out, but you can still get GA floor tickets if you act fast! Get your tickets here.

4. Big Freedia, December 10, The Art Garage.

This New Orleans native and queen of bounce music is bound to get you up and shakin' your booty! Click here to be dazzled by the one and only Freedia.

5. Running of the Santas with Flow Tribe and Category 6, December 17, The Metropolitan Nightclub.

Most appropriate for the season, get in the Christmas spirit while getting funky at this awesome show. Click here to get in on the action.

6. The Soul Rebels, Trombone Shorty, and Wendell Brunious, December 18, The George and The Joyce Wein Jazz & Heritage Center.

A little bit jazzy, a little bit funky, and a whole lot of fun. See this awesome combo of artists at this center, to be opened on December 12. Ticket information is not yet available, so look out for tickets closer to the show!

7. Russ Liquid, December 29, Howlin' Wolf.

This guy will amaze you with his use of multiple instruments in combination with electronic music. Click here to get in on all the fun.

8. Pretty Lights, December 30 and 31, Ballroom at Mardi Gras World.

This two-night show will leave you blown away. Between the amazing light shows, the live band, and of course, the legend behind it all, Derek Vincent Smith, you will not leave dissatisfied. Choose between both nights or just one here.

9. Rebirth Brass Band and Hot 8 Brass Band, December 31, Howlin' Wolf.

Bring in the new year with these two New Orleans-based bands. Both unique in their own way, and both amazing. A little pricey at $80, but premium open bar is included in the ticket price. Get your tickets here.

10. The Revivalists, December 31, Orpheum Theater.

Another great NYE option. Get your tickets here before they're all sold out!

11. Foundation of Funk and Dumpstaphunk with Zigaboo Modeliste, George Porter Jr., Eddie Roberts, Robert Walter and Special Guests.

Get down and funky this New Year's Eve with this combination of talented artists. Get your tickets here to start off the new year right.

Stay tuned for January's line up of New Orleans concerts!