100 Things I Learned My Freshman Year Of College

“I live at the lib” is a coined term.
4164

1. Diets don’t work

2. No drama from high school matters anymore, and it should never have

3. Nothing is as good as a home cooked meal

4. It’s best to talk to people when you need to get something off your chest

5. I didn’t need to know my major and have my life planned ahead of me so far in advance

6. I like to be alone a lot

7. My handwriting isn’t as nice as I thought it was (found this out in lectures where professors speak too fast)

8. I spend too much spare time on social media

9. Walking is a beautiful thing

10. Keeping my room clean is necessary but wasn’t always done

11. Coffee and water can save your life

12. Soda is a drink from the devil and I dropped drinking it (finally listened, mom)

13. My dorm bed will never be comfortable

14. Nothing will ever be more comfortable than my bed back home

15. Dogs really are a form of therapy

16. My homework still doesn’t get done until the deadline (didn’t actually learn from doing this)

17. Netflix is needed

18. In a library, no reading or checking out of books really happens

19. Fish are good pets (when you’re deprived of all other pets not allowed in dorms)

20. Becoming friends with people who work in the café has its perks

21. I really love/ hate elevators

22. I can be friends with anyone who is different than me, similarities or differences don’t define our friendship

23. I really need a job

24. my school has more resources than I could ever imagine (thankful for that)

25. I can actually live in a box if I wanted to (since college forced me to)

26. I don’t need to wear makeup every day and I’ll be OK

27. I need more long sleeve T’s and athletic shorts cause that’s about all I wear now

28. How to wake up 30 minutes before class and make it on time (an everyday thing)

29. Making time to Facetime/call friends and family is a need

30. Group chats with friends from home and talking in them daily does wonders for your friendship

31. Getting involved is scary but so beneficial

32. I waste so much money on fast food

33. I waste too much money in general

34. Talking to my suitemates/roommate every day made college easier

35. I can wear what I want no one’s opinions, comments or actions will stop me

36. My mom was probably right (many different scenarios)

37. I have never felt creepier online before but that’s how you meet people these days

38. I still don’t have a Linked in (maybe I’ll learn that my sophomore year)

39. No matter how many times I say I’m going to the gym today, I don’t

40. It’s nearly impossible to eat healthy in the café

41. Cereal is an important meal

42. A lot of people are very passive and I am direct

43. I learned what a feminist actually was and can agree I am one finally

44. Don’t discuss topics you’re not familiar with, look them up

45. Women and Gender’s courses aren’t that bad

46. Math is still very bad, and still very pointless for my major

47. Being a kiss up to professors in college is good

48. Rate my professor is a gift from the gods

49. Councilors in high school are very different than the ones in college (College councilors won’t help you make your schedule)

50. It always pays off to be nice

51. I actually like when strangers smile at me

52. Spotify premium is premium

53. Laundry, I learned how to do laundry and it’s not bad

54. Misplacing my shower shoes is a literal nightmare

55. Hats are a key accessory

56. Polaroid pictures capture the best memories

57. Taking videos, or at least snap videos are always fun to look back at

58. Rain jackets and umbrellas do wonders

59. Skipping class because of bad weather makes you lazy, I’m lazy

60. I have so much free time but always complain about being so busy

61. The weather app has become one of my most used apps

62. I need more socks (because mine are all dirty or disappear)

63. Girls aren’t so catty (knock on wood but so far so good)

64. Once I stopped lifting girls up and not tearing them down I became happier

65. I will always want endless back rubs

66. Bringing a pillow/blankets to the library is socially acceptable (as many students claim they live there)

67. “I live at the lib” is a coined term.

68. Ordering food to the library makes you an asshole but a smart asshole

69. Condoms are everywhere (shout out to practicing safe sex I guess)

70. Giving my phone to someone else while doing homework gets work done

71. Becoming close with my roommate was the key reasoning in why my year went so smoothly

72. Always do the extra credit if you have the opportunity

73. Having slip on shoes is key

74. Makeup remover should be used every night

75. Every human being cries

76. Group projects still suck but they got even suckier

77. I should have never dropped Spanish in high school

78. Making friends with people in your classes will make them much easier

79. There’s always going to be someone you don’t like and the beauty of college is you don’t have to be by them or ever see them.

80. I never want to host a party

81. People are generally not very smart while intoxicated

82. $2 tacos are my new favorite meal

83. Not having a car is a lot easier than I thought it would be

84. Wearing sunglasses to class is still weird (I think, not sure though)

85. I need to put lotion in my backpack (this is actually a reminder since I never learned to do this)

86. Purchasing a nice water bottle is so worth it, you will use it every day and thank yourself

87. Your family/friends at home would probably love an update on your life at any given point

88. It’s OK to do things you want to do even if others don’t agree with them

89. Breakfast is still the most important meal of the day, especially on the weekends

90. People watching is such a thrill

91. Volunteering is so easy to do

92. It’s not OK to BS homework especially papers

93. The dorm showers don’t clean themselves and should be cleaned more than once each semester

94. Parka season is actually about 7 out of 9 months

95. I should have taken stuff home little by little so move out was easier

96. It’s OK to order pizza again if you really want pizza

97. Professors are willing to work with you if you are willing to work with them

98. There is no one you need to impress but yourself

99. I have an amazing support system

100. I live a pretty good life.