10 Worst Parts Of Winter

10 Worst Parts Of Winter

Winter isn't all snow angels and hot chocolate. It can be ruthless!

141
10 Worst Parts Of Winter
Deviant Art

1) Defrosting/Brushing the Car

We all know that winter is that dreaded time when we have to wake up a little earlier in order to defrost our car windows. It's even worse when you forget to start your car and you walk out and have to spend 10 minutes scrapping your car so that you can actually see while driving. When there is a big snow storm it doesn't really matter if we start our car to defrost it, we most likely need to brush off all the snow before we can even get in the car to start it or well to speed up the defrosting process.

2) Slush

Slush is such a downfall to winter. It's gross melted snow and water that is freezing cold. It's horrible to walk through because it just gets whatever you're wearing all wet and gross. There is just nothing fun about slush.

3) Brown Snow

Brown snow is basically dirty snow. It's gross and totally takes away from the beauty that winter brings. It's right there next to slush on the two things that make winter an ugly season. It comes from the roads and even from the grass because of the mud.

4) Salt Marks

I am thankful that we have salt so that the roads aren't slippery, but it really sucks that it leaves marks. Cars need to be washed more often because it just coats up the car and makes it look gross. It also gets on coats and other clothes when you brush up a car that has not been washed. It leaves marks on boots and other shoes worn in the winter. It's just so hard to escape the salt marks.

5) Un-shoveled Sidewalks

People and companies that do not shovel their sidewalks are the worst. If I wanted to walk through piles of snow then I would, but I choose to walk on the sidewalk to escape having to walk through that, and I can't do that if it's not shoveled. I mean, come on, its not that hard. Besides you're just making it worse for yourself because the snow I track into your building from your sidewalk make it very unappealing and cold because you now have slush inside!

6) Black Ice

Black ice, also known as "let me just eat shit" and embarrass myself, is the worst. It's terrible slipping and wiping out on ice when you can't even see it.

7) Wet Clothes

Nothing about wet clothes is fun. Wet socks are just wrong. Nobody likes wet socks. If you're a smaller person not only are wet socks an issue, but so are wet sleeves and wet pants. Wet clothes just remind us that it's cold out and we have to suffer inside with the coldness until our clothes try.

8) Too Many Layers

It's hard to look happy or have fun outside when you have to put so many layers on that you can't move. It also takes so much time to put on all the layers just to take them off again when you reach the car or your destination. It's a never ending process, and a waste of time.

9) Static

There is nothing like closing your car door and getting this jolt of electricity. We can thank static for that rude awakening. If you're a girl or anyone with long hair, then you can also relate to your hair being so static you'll do anything just to tame it.

10) Dry Skin/Lips

Do I really need to say more? Nothing is attractive about dry skin. It's hard to find lotion that helps, let alone keep up with putting it on to avoid the dry skin disaster. This is also the worst time of the year for chapped lips.