10 Ways To Survive A Boone Winter

10 Ways To Survive A Boone Winter

Because we all need a little help sometimes!

135
10 Ways To Survive A Boone Winter

Since coming to Appalachian in the fall as a freshman, I've heard numerous horror stories about what to expect during my first "Boone winter". With an all-time record low of -24 degrees, how can any freshman mentally prepare themselves for the months to come? Here's 10 ways to not only survive, but rather thrive your first Boone winter!

1. Grab a cuddle buddy!

As the temperature begins to drop, grab that special someone and snuggle up for the long winter ahead. After all, who wants to Netflix and chill by themselves?

2. Always be on the lookout for ice!

Elsa might have had it made in "Frozen", but I highly doubt you'll "let it go" when you're flying face first into the ground.

3. Bundle up!

Essential as it is, hitting parties on the weekend won't be the same without those extra layers.

4. Load up on the food essentials: Central's burritos and McAlister's mac and cheese.

Shoutout to my roommate, who never fails to get two sides of mac and cheese, but hibernation seasons has hit!

5. Remember, studying still includes the word "dying".

Winter breaks has made everyone a bit lazy, but it's time to hit the books (and probably the floor after library all-nighters). A personal day is okay every now and then, but make sure you drag yourself out of bed!

6. If school doesn't knock you down, the wind sure will!

7. Remember, a nap a day keeps the sleep deprivation away!

Grab that heated blanket (because we all know you have one).

8. Put away those Chacos, and bring out the real snow boots!

Never underestimate the power of Bean boots.

9. Enjoy a snow day!

While sleeping and watching "Friends" seems more appealing, don't forget about the beautiful place we live in. Buy hot chocolate, go sledding, or just have a snowball fight with friends.

10. And finally, remember the will to live.

The next few months are about to be a new experience for all of us, but warmer days will be upon us soon!

Keep all of these in mind as Boone becomes our personal winter wonderland and maybe, just maybe, we'll come out alive (or maybe with a few bruises).