10 Ways To Stay In Touch With College Friends Over Summer Break!

Don't Lose Touch With Great Friends, Use These!

522

After spending an entire year with your friends at college, going on summer break can make things hard. You just spent a year getting to know these people and now you have to spend three months without those friends, but there are always chances to see each other over the summer. Here is a list of 10 ideas of how you can stay in touch!

1. Plan a vacation together

Yes, I understand that this may be hard because of money and time, but it doesn't have to be a big, expensive vacation. Maybe just trip to a water park or the beach for a few days!

2. Use Skype!

This is a great way to keep in touch over video chat! It is a great opportunity to actually see each other and you can do so many things over Skype like playing games or watching a movie!

3. Use Snapchat!

This is another great tool because it gives you the chance to send each other silly videos and pictures of yourself without taking up to much time! Maybe you are unable to Skype one week, Snapchat can help you and you can be yourself!

4. Start a Traveling Notebook!

This is a great way to stay in touch! You can tell each other what's going on in your life through a notebook and you can even write joint stories!

5. Visit Your Hometowns!

This is a great way to see where your friends live and it is a great way to see what they like to do for fun in their hometown and what their favorite hang out spots are!

6. Start a Joint Blog

By doing this you can help others who are going through the same problems as you and your friends! You can offer advise while fixing your withdrawal from friends!

7. Plan a Trip to School!

You can all go back to your school together and see what it is like there during the summer break. While there you can visit all your favorite spots! Maybe you have a favorite ice cream place, you can all go together!

8. Mail Personal Packages!

You can send each other packages with everyone's favorite candies and other items inside! It's a great way to show each other that you are thinking of one another and that you miss them!

9. Plan a Bookclub!

Send each other some of your favorite summer reads and start a mini book club! Then when you have your Skype dates, you can discuss your favorites parts of the books and how you thought the one character sounded cute!

10. Schedule Phone Calls

People in our generation hate talking on the phone, they would rather text, but you can't tell someones emotion through texting. You can't make the same connection like you would if you just spoke on the phone. So, break out of your comfort zone and talk on the phone, even if its only for 10 minutes!

All of these tips can be used by anyone! They are great ways to stay in touch with each other and let everyone in your friend group know that you are thinking about one another and that you miss each other. Have a great rest of your summer and get ready to see your friends in a few months!!