10 Best Ways To Relieve Stress During Midterms

Try to keep your spirits high during this difficult time

10
https://unsplash.com/@anthonytran
Midterm season is upon us, which means it's time for late-night cram sessions, debates of dropping out, and lots of crying. In order to keep your spirits high through exams here as the 10 best ways to relieve stress and improve your mental health!

1. Workout

Whether it is taking a dance class, running on a treadmill, or just walking outside, exercise has been proven to reduce stress. By releasing endorphins, working out is an instant mood booster!

2. Clean

Whenever I get stressed, my environment around me tends to become a little messy. By cleaning up your room or workspace you're also cleaning your mind! Having a neat and clean space not only reduces stress but promotes productivity!

3. Drink some tea

What better way to destress other than making a nice hot cup of tea? Peppermint and chamomile tea instantly make me feel relaxed and as if I can accomplish anything.

4. Study outside

Being indoors all day, whether the library or your bedroom, can make you feel anxious or claustrophobic, If the weather is nice to go find a bench or grab a blanket and go sit on the grass! Studying in an open space opens your mind and helps you feel more connected to the world around you!

5. Take a nap

Taking a nap in college can be dangerous, yes. But it's important to reward yourself every now and then! Remember to take study breaks and rest! If you're exhausted then your mind won't retain as much information as it could if you're well-rested. Take that time to also focus on relaxing your body instead of exams. Self-care comes first!

6. Call your parents and/or siblings

Remaining in touch with your family during midterm season is a healthy reminder that school isn't the only thing that matters! Your family keeps you grounded and sometimes talking through what's going on in your life and what's stressing you out about exams is a great stress reliever!

7. Eat comfort food

Again, make sure to treat yourself every now and then! Sometimes the best cure for anxiety is a big bowl of mac and cheese, trust me.

8. Listen to a podcast

This is another great way to take your mind off of school! If you don't have a lot of free time, listen to a podcast on your walk to class or work. This allows you to take time to listen to something that you actually enjoy instead of a boring lecture.

9. Do a facemask

Doing a facemask right before bed is my favorite way to unwind. Taking a mask off feels so rejuvenating and makes me feel brand new! This instantly takes all my stress away, helping me go to bed and wake up the next morning feeling brand new.

10. Watch a movie

Again, study breaks are healthy! Watching a movie is a great way to relieve stress whether it's watching a comedy and laughing till your cheeks hurt or watching a sad movie and crying your eyes out. Releasing emotions allows you to clear your heart and mind of whatever is weighing you down so allow yourself the chance to!