10 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Fix

10 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Fix

Go ahead, embrace your pumpkin obsession.

129
10 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Fix

It is now officially October, and that can only mean one thing: pumpkins!

Now that fall has officially begun and Halloween is less than a month away, it is now socially acceptable to reveal your obsession with all things pumpkin. So as you break out your boots, jackets, and scarves, here are some easy (and some obscure) ways to "get your pumpkin on":

1. Go pick a pumpkin!

Whether it's at your local Walmart or you live near a real pumpkin patch, you might as well proclaim your love for the rotund, orange fruit to the world by sporting one on your front porch.

2. Carve away!

You might want to wait until Halloween gets a little closer for this one, but what better way to get your fill of pumpkins than by literally getting your hands filled with pumpkin guts? Yes, it can be messy, but carving a pumpkin will definitely get you into the fall spirit.

3. Get creative!

If you simply can't handle the mess, then try a different way to get fancy with your pumpkin! Dig out your painting supplies and let the creative juices flow. If you're looking for something a little more nuanced, try out this awesome DIY-- melted crayon pumpkins!

4. Waste not, want not.

If you decided to go the carving route, don't be too quick to throw out all of that pumpkin gunk! Pull out the seeds and you can make a tasty (and sometimes even healthy) treat for a cool fall evening. Roast them for countless different flavors, or if you are craving a sweeter snack, try these salted caramel pumpkin seeds!

5. Curl up with a warm drink.

Of course, coffee houses across America began bringing back everyone's favorite Pumpkin Spice Latte's a little to early for some tastes, but who can complain when they are sipping on warm, cinnamon-y goodness? But believe it or not, your PSL addiction doesn't have to break the bank-- Cosmopolitan's blind taste-test suggested that Starbucks may not be the only place to get your fix.

6. ... Or a cold one.

If a relaxing mug of Pumpkin flavor isn't your cup of tea, try a cold bottle of pumpkin ale to quench your thirst. Dozens of craft pumpkin ales can be found across the country, but Blue Moon also has a version that is slightly easier obtained.

7. Put on your chef's hat.

I have to admit, while doing research on this piece, I found so many unique, innovative, and downright strange ways to cook with pumpkin! So if you are feeling adventurous, here are some ideas: pumpkin soup, pumpkin chili, pumpkin pasta, or even pumpkin pizza! And if these aren't enough for you, head to Pinterest-- the possibilities are [nearly] endless!

8. Have a baking day!

Savory pumpkin dishes may require a more refined palate, so sweet, baked pumpkin treats are a little more conventional! A classic pumpkin pie is always delicious, but as always, Pinterest provides some less traditional options: chocolate covered pumpkin twinkies, pumpkin caramel cheesecake bars, and pumpkin cinnamon sugar donuts. My personal favorite pumpkin recipe is for chocolate chip pumpkin bread; it's so simple and delicious! It's a good thing that the recipe makes three loaves-- because I can eat an entire loaf in one sitting!

9. Enjoy the aroma.

Fall weather is perfect for curling up with a good book, your favorite blanket, and a pumpkin-scented candle. Even if it's not fall, a good candle can transform your space, your mood, and your day for the better!

10. BE the pumpkin.

Well, not really. But don't be afraid to use it on your skin! Pumpkin has so many vitamins and minerals important for healthy skin, including Vitamins A, C, K, E, and other antioxidants. Before you start slathering pumpkin guts from your previous carving on your face, more subtle ways to take advantage of these vitamins exist. This DIY pumpkin clay mask shrinks pores, fades sun spots, and can even fade acne!

So this fall, don't be afraid to branch out and try something new to satisfy your pumpkin cravings. After all, the countdown towards the Christmas season has already begun...