10 Ways You Change From Freshman To Sophomore Year As Told By 'Parks & Rec'

"Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing."

242
Show Probe

1. You actually try to go to the gym.

College is expensive enough as it is, you may as well take advantage of that "free" gym membership!

2. You have come to learn and appreciate the numerous ways that your parents *help* you.

Freshman year was all about branching out on your own. Sophomore year is when you realize just how much your parents have sacrificed for you.

3. You now realize that all-nighters never work out well in the end.

You tried pulling an all-nighter a few times during freshman year and all it left you with was a massive headache, bloodshot eyes, and a stress level through the roof. Did it significantly improve your grade? Probably not.

4. You now have your first-day-of-class introduction down to a science.

Syllabus Day is also known as Awkward Introductions Day. Thankfully, you now have a short and sweet blurb about yourself that maintains your mystery and make your professor happy.

5. You now understand the importance of studying thanks that one biology final from last semester.

Remember last year when you tried to wing it? That didn't go well, and thankfully your older and wiser self now knows the importance of devoting time to studying.

6. Last year was fun with lots of clubs and events, but now you're getting serious about your education.

College was so fresh and new last year that you wanted to have the full experience, including being in lots of clubs and activities. However, this year is all about prioritizing your commitments and balancing your schedule with both work and play.

7. Every little school holiday means so much more to you (thanks Colombus Day).

Labor Day, Colombus Day, that random day your professor canceled class; each and every little day off feels like a special holiday.

8. You've learned how to spot a trick question on an exam.

Hint: it's all of the above. Why else would that be an option? Oh wait.

9. You love hanging out with your college bff as much as possible.

College best friends make the college experience so much better. Whether it's crashing at your best friend's dorm, eating dinner together, or just keeping each other company; college bffs help you keep your sanity.

10. Throughout the ups and downs, you understand the importance of taking care of yourself.

Sure, school is important, but you've learned to not let the little things get to you. Your well-being comes first, and a bad grade isn't the end of the world. So what are you waiting for? Stop reading this and go treat yo' self!